A new member and I need your help!

Hi friends,

I am strongly considering HT. In fact, I have e-mailed Dr. Rassman photos of my beautiful head, and he said I was a Norwood Class VA (i'm not sure what that means). In any case, he recommends I have the procedure done.

Also, I have a consultation with Dr. Dominic Brandy in Pittsburgh this Tuesday.

How can I find the right doctor? I am overwhelmed with all the posts and am terrified with a possible bad outcome.

Please help your fellow thinner,

R9

Hi friends,

I am strongly considering HT. In fact, I have e-mailed Dr. Rassman photos of my beautiful head, and he said I was a Norwood Class VA (i'm not sure what that means). In any case, he recommends I have the procedure done.

Also, I have a consultation with Dr. Dominic Brandy in Pittsburgh this Tuesday.

How can I find the right doctor? I am overwhelmed with all the posts and am terrified with a possible bad outcome.

Please help your fellow thinner,

R9

Dr. Rassman is very well respected. If you do not go with him, then please make sure you pick a doctor on this site.

Do not go to any doctor before you have researched that person to a point of exhaustion. Do not listen to what they want you to hear, or focus on photos they want you to see... do your own independent inquiries.

Again, try to pick a doctor on this site... I cannot stress it enough to you. You want to do this right.

Originally posted by Ceasar08:

Dr. Rassman is very well respected. If you do not go with him, then please make sure you pick a doctor on this site.

Do not go to any doctor before you have researched that person to a point of exhaustion. Do not listen to what they want you to hear, or focus on photos they want you to see... do your own independent inquiries.

Again, try to pick a doctor on this site... I cannot stress it enough to you. You want to do this right.

Great advice!

-

1st Transplant: 5,485 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

2nd Transplant: 3,100 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

3rd Transplant: 5,035 grafts with Dr Sanusi Umar

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

I have heard so many stories about Brandy...

Not to hijack this thread... but I saw your web log Topcat, and I am so sincerely sorry for what you've been through. Have you consulted any doctors on here about a repair?

I have often thought about the position I would have been in if I had suffered my hair loss prior to the internet. I was as vulnerable and desperate as could be, and it frightens me to think of where I might have ended up myself.

That's why when someone comes on here looking for advice, I am so relieved they found us before some doctor found them.

Ceasar, I am considering some repair work using fue, along with testing body and beard hair. Only the best of the best will do, as I can't afford to make a mistake. I also want to work with a person that cares about helping people. NO wacky doctor personalities, that are just in for the money.

Obviously, I have crossed Brandy off my list, LOL.

Dear friends,

Thank you for the responses. I am genuinely touched about your compassion.

Topcat, thank you for sharing your experience- I'm no longer considering brandy. I wish you the best of luck.

I am flying to California and having my procedure performed by Dr. Jae Pak. Dr. Rassman's co-worker at NHI. Dr. Rassman personally called and ensured that Dr. Pak was as good as him. I will update this site with my experience. I'm very nervous and am hopeful I will not regret this procedure.

With much gratitude,

R9

You did well, my friend. A lot of people here do not choose NHI because they are less aggressive, but they are certainly excellent doctors who have lots of talent, skill, and integrity. I have never heard anyone say otherwise.