1000 HT (BODY HAIR ONLY) BY DR ARVIND POSWAL JAN 07

topshiny

As I have posted earlier, I am planning to go in frequently for small sessions of BHT. I have taken this decision in consultation with my Doctor. The reason for taking recourse to this strategy and not going in for mega sessions has been, to manage the peculiar cycles of Body Hair better. The second reason has been to have optimal yield from donor areas rather than harvesting too much in one go.

I have got 1000 BHT done on 13 Jan 07 from Dr AP, who has been giving me valuable guidance and advice. My case is unique since only body hair has been used for my hair restoration. So the results are likely to be unambiguous either way. It is really a great feeling to have a large amount of my hair restored, and that too without any visible scarring.

I am enclosing some of my photographs, which have been taken immediately before and after the surgery today.

The details of body hair are given below:

8301088192_FUE_Data.jpg?ts=45AA48CC&key=44BC9A1F881FC971DEABAC10FB6B0D4A&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fhair-restoration-info.com%2Feve%2Fforums%2Fa%2Fga%2Ful%2F9301088192%2FFUE_Data.jpg

The interesting part of this HT has been that three follicles have been planted in each of the recipient areas, as compared to pairing of two follicles done in my http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=144912]my previous surgery.[/url]

I will be posting my progress regularly on this site.

FUE_Data.jpg.9eb5086c149e99bc1cdcb4993c1f0b39.jpg

With Best Wishes

Top Shiny

http://www.hairlossweblogs.com/home-page.asp?WebID=83

700 BHT on 30 Sep 05 by Dr Arvind

5000 BHT from 05 to 09 Jul 06 by Dr Arvind

Seeing that Dr. A is harvesting hair from several areas of the body does he have a plan in mind or is he mixing the hairs all over. Just wondering if he planned on using certain hairs for the hairline and others for the crown, etc.? The work does look good. Any pictures of the donor area other than the pubic ones? icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

topshiny,

I was unaware you were going back for more surgery already...congratulations. It does seem strange to me, however, that after only 6 months, that you'd get hair transplanted in an area where hairs were already transplanted. At 6 months, especially with BHT, it's possible that not all the hairs have sprouted. Sounds to me that transection might be an issue if that's the case?

It seems to me, that the better approach may have been to dense pack certain areas (like this surgery), and then dense packing completely different areas for your next, so you don't have to worry about transection of follicles under the skin that haven't surfaced yet. But since I'm not a doctor, I might be missing something...just my thoughts.

DO keep us posted...I would definitely like to follow your case through to the end.

Bill

Bill,

it seems that this surgery is ahead of the previous so there wouldn't be a concern with transection.

Something,

Not sure I get what you mean. This surgery was just done yesterday 1/13/2007, and he's only 6 months post op from his previous one. My concern is whether or not hairs that have not sprouted yet have been transplanted on top of, therefore transecting hairs that may have sprouted. At 6 months especially for BHT, not all hairs would have sprouted. I can also judge this because his overall appearance indicates that more is to come, since there is no way that's 5000 grafts worth of FUs.

Bill

Something,

Now I'm rethinking what you mean by "ahead". Do you mean in front of? Or ahead as in length of time? If you mean "ahead" as in "in front of", I can now understand what you are trying to say. But I'm not actually sure that this HT is actually in front of the other one. Perhaps topshiny can enlighten us!

Bill

Dear Nelly,

Dr A is proceeding on a course of action that was planned long ago. The body hair is now being mixed in a manner that each graft has three hairs. The body hair from two or more regions, except in those few cases where three hair grafts were extracted, are being mixed. This is being done to mix up the differing cycles of various regions, which is a very important aspect of BHT. The BHT is now being done on fortnightly / monthly basis - again to even out the cycles of body hair.

The crown area is being addressed in the next session. Hair from the legs, backside and a few more regions are likely to be used for this session.

I am posting a picture of my chest which was taken early this month.

3741020292_Chest_Jan_07.jpg?ts=45AB3082&key=C3BA2F238425B5BA332ED0A0F694EC58&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fhair-restoration-info.com%2Feve%2Fforums%2Fa%2Fga%2Ful%2F4741020292%2FChest_Jan_07.jpg

Chest_Jan_07.jpg.464ee08203f1944ef5867a0d74e946d0.jpg

With Best Wishes

Top Shiny

Originally posted by Bill:

topshiny,

I was unaware you were going back for more surgery already...congratulations. It does seem strange to me, however, that after only 6 months, that you'd get hair transplanted in an area where hairs were already transplanted. At 6 months, especially with BHT, it's possible that not all the hairs have sprouted. Sounds to me that transection might be an issue if that's the case?

It seems to me, that the better approach may have been to dense pack certain areas (like this surgery), and then dense packing completely different areas for your next, so you don't have to worry about transection of follicles under the skin that haven't surfaced yet. But since I'm not a doctor, I might be missing something...just my thoughts.

DO keep us posted...I would definitely like to follow your case through to the end.

Bill

Dear Bill,

The hair has been dense packed in a virgin area. Till date, no region has been addressed for HT twice.

With Best Wishes

Top Shiny

• 7 years later...