Opinions please.

Spitfire

I am new to researching HT, so I ask if some of you more experianced people would mind checking out this doctors web site and give me some feedback, for example wheather or not it looks like he is using the latest technique, just a over all feel for his credentials. I realize this is not the best way to choose a doctor, i look at this as just more feedback. You may have some key questions that i need to ask him. here is the link

http://www.drnakatsui.com/bio.html

Thank-You

I am new to researching HT, so I ask if some of you more experianced people would mind checking out this doctors web site and give me some feedback, for example wheather or not it looks like he is using the latest technique, just a over all feel for his credentials. I realize this is not the best way to choose a doctor, i look at this as just more feedback. You may have some key questions that i need to ask him. here is the link

http://www.drnakatsui.com/bio.html

Thank-You

Well, He looks about 15 but seems to have all of the necessary qualifications.

His techniques are state of the art. He uses Follicular units. High powered microscopes as well.

Would have liked to see more photos which alludes me to the fact he might be a beginner.

Find out how long he is practicing HT strictly and ask to see more photos.

I agree that Dr. Nakatsui does seem to use the modern techniques for a strip excision practice:

-single blade scalpel for donor area harvest

-microscopic dissection of FU grafts

-lateral slit for graft placement

These are good signs.

You should ask Dr. Nakatsui if you can meet some of his patients, especially ones with similar charecteristics as you (age, type of hair, amount of hair loss, etc). Seeing patients in person is much better than seeing a photo gallery.

I would suggest meeting a few different doctors, and not getting any surgery until you have really done your homework. Learn what tough questions to ask, before you go to a consultation.

One thing I recommend in a consultation is to ask the doctor to outline a long-term plan for you, and see which doctors seem to have the smartest (and most realistic) long-term strategy. Long-term planning is important. Different doctors will often have different opinions on an approach.

Of course, you need to be already well educated about different hair transplant approaches beforehand, in order to interpret the various answers you'll get, and then make a good decision.

• 3 weeks later...

Try not to reinvent the wheel. Convenient location is the last thing to consider in choosing a good doctor.

Spend at least a few days reading through old posts on this site to see what others have done.

A good starting point might be a checklist I developed to narrow down the choices of doctors to the few who should be right for you. It's on the link below.

Good luck.

My Pix and Hair Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling and healing advice