more ingrown hairs

vocor1

At about 5 weeks, I had a burst of ingrown hairs and a lot of subsequent regrowth. The "zits" were annoying, but the regrowth was quite envigorating.

Seems I'm hitting a second wave of ingrown hairs. Not as many, but seems like one is up there almost constantly.

I know that is a sign of further regrowth. It is kind of exciting!

I think joto even had an ingrown hair at 10 months.

Hopefully, more density and regrowth is in the works.

Still eyeing a small FUE session for the winter, though.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Vocor,

I knew I could expect some ingrown hairs, but am still surprised by every one of them.

It's been 6 weeks since I had my HT. I've had 4 ingrowns that I've found so far. Kind of annoying. I thought I was long past the pimple stage.

No significant growth yet. A certain number of the transplanted hairs have hung on and are growing. I'm going to have my barber take a closer look tomorrow and see if he's noticed any change.

--Blake

I am glad to hear that I am not alone. I developed pustule-like lesions @ about 7 wks post-op, which responded to antibiotics. I was concerned that they might inhibit new hair growth, but from what everything I have read, they shouldn't. I am now a little over 4 mos post-op & there hasn't been a significant increase in hair density, but I try to be patient.