Possible for transplanted follicles to fall out after 1-2 years of growing hair?

I had two transplants in approx. the last 2 years. I've noticed that when I rub my head, I sometimes can feel a small bump and if I can get hold of it to look at, it is shaped like a small oval and usually has a hair or two coming out of it. So, is it possible that follicles can be rejected after a year or two of growing hair?

If the answer is yes, what would cause this? Transplating follicles from somebody else that were accidently switched during our procedures)?

Thanks,

Kramer

I had two transplants in approx. the last 2 years. I've noticed that when I rub my head, I sometimes can feel a small bump and if I can get hold of it to look at, it is shaped like a small oval and usually has a hair or two coming out of it. So, is it possible that follicles can be rejected after a year or two of growing hair?

If the answer is yes, what would cause this? Transplating follicles from somebody else that were accidently switched during our procedures)?

Thanks,

Kramer

kramer - your thoery sounds a little "out there" BUT I understand where you're coming from! I don't have an answer but wanted to chime in. I have also noticed a few of what I "beleive" to be grafts coming commpletely out. The hair is about 1/8 - 1/4 inch in length and is surrounded by a crusty fleshy translucent substance, and it seems to be in a triangular/oval shape. While I've only noticed four of them and they are always coming from the same area, my crown. Specifically the upper right side along the "path" to my frontal area.

my pics

I would also like to hear comments from anyone who has experienced the same thing and from anyone who may have any explanation as to what it is.

Shiny Side Up!!

• Administrators

Kramer, You don't by chance live across from a guy named Jerry do you?

Ok, sorry I couldn't resist because if that Kramer ever did transplants he'd probally have the same issue.

No, I really think at two years you are way past the point of shedding folicles. In fact, in the nearly impossible chance that the folicles were rejected they would be absorbed rather than shed.

Now keep in mind that I'm not a doctor and can't even play one on this forum.

I'd like to hear a physician comment on this one.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by kramer:

I had two transplants in approx. the last 2 years. I've noticed that when I rub my head, I sometimes can feel a small bump and if I can get hold of it to look at, it is shaped like a small oval and usually has a hair or two coming out of it.

I do not think you are losing hair that were transplanted.

Seems to me that you may be developing sebaceous deposits in the pits created following HT (happens in some transplants). Just a thought.

7500 grafts till now. All by Dr. Arvind/Dr.A, New Delhi.

They include strip FUHT, FUE and body hair grafts.

Hoping to accomplish full hair restoration.