Best Canadian Surgeon?"

Hi Guys,

I have basically done my research and am now trying to make the decision as to who I will get to do my transplant. I guess I am a NW2-3, only hairline loss and some frontal 1/3, no crown loss. I am 43 and guess my hairloss has stabilized. So I need to know, in a perfect world lets say hypothetically, who would it be, Rahal, Jones, Armani, Wong?? I have pictures sent to each and awaiting further information from them. any help greatly appreciated , great site people, really helped me out a lot, I have spent hours here!!!

thanks man for the reply,

I am in canada so essentially looking only at canadian Surgeons. I feel i am going to go to Rahal as i have heard some great things about him. I know there are many great ones around that are members of the colition, I am just close to ontario, so thanks and appreciate the help

t

I believe the best are Dr. Rahal-Ottawa, Dr. Hasson and Wong-Vancouver, and Dr. Nakatsui- Edmonton(I think--possibly Winnepeg). Any of these surgeons and you will be gold. Dr. Armani is also very talented but too expensive and sometimes his ethics are questioned.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

tommyf,

Welcome to our community.

There are many first-rate hair restoration physicians in Canada who perform state of the art ultra refined follicular unit transplantation.

I would consider consulting with any of the following (listed in no particular order):

Dr. Hasson

Dr. Wong

Dr. Nakatsui

Dr. Rahal

Feel free to use the find feature of our discussion forum to search over 5 years of patient posted experiences and before/after pictures.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Guys, your all great, I am pretty sure then it will be Rahal, as I am in eastern canada, earliest date I can get is March i think, just awaitning emails. So as to my next question, should I start propecia or rogaine as i have never used either. I have been gradually going through the process of determinig whether I should go ahead with the process, now that i have made up my mind, wondering, if i havestabilized at 43, is there a need for the medical treatment also. I don't know how to attach the picasso pics i have to this site, but could email them to someone have a look at the hairline, put them on the forum so i can get some feedback. Rahals rep, said 2500 grafts, strip. help appreciated as i am at the proverbial point of sh.t or get off!!!

tommy,

Hair loss is progressive so there is always a chance of future hair loss regardless of your age which makes a strong case for why hair loss medication is worthwhile.

However, many who are a bit older may decide it's worth the chance and not want to indulge in hair loss medical therapy. If indeed your hair loss has stabilized for some time, you might decide not to take any hair loss medication.

However, if you are going to have hair transplanted between native hairs - you may want to consider Propecia and/or Rogaine for 6 months prior to strengthen the hair follicles in order to prevent permanent shock loss of any miniaturized hairs. However, if the hairs are terminal - they may be temporarily shocked, but will grow back.

Just some things to consider.

Bill

Based on what I have seen:

H & W

Rahal

No doubt

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!