Please advise...

Hi,

Could someone advice a good FUE doctor with reasonable price tag close to Los Angeles.(Cost is issue for me because I am a student)

I've been loosing my hair since 17 years old at relatively low speed. I turned NW 2.5-3 about a year ago when i was 23. Is it too early to have a FUE (~1500grafts) I started using Fincar about a 9 months ago. It is hard to tell whether Fincar added density, but I believe it has stabilized my hair loss and definitely helped me to get rid of my itchy scalp. Will it help if I upload couple of picture of my hair, so someone will be able to tell whether I am qualified? Please help me to get my life back.

Hi,

Could someone advice a good FUE doctor with reasonable price tag close to Los Angeles.(Cost is issue for me because I am a student)

I've been loosing my hair since 17 years old at relatively low speed. I turned NW 2.5-3 about a year ago when i was 23. Is it too early to have a FUE (~1500grafts) I started using Fincar about a 9 months ago. It is hard to tell whether Fincar added density, but I believe it has stabilized my hair loss and definitely helped me to get rid of my itchy scalp. Will it help if I upload couple of picture of my hair, so someone will be able to tell whether I am qualified? Please help me to get my life back.

Cat

Continue on the meds as many on here would agree you are a bit early for a HT.It can take a year or so to reap the benefits of propecia. In addition, if money is a concern you should eventually consider strip as it is considerably cheaper. Wait a while and try to stabilize your loss

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

muslikcat,

Welcome to our community.

I agree with Mrjb that continuing with the medication is a good idea.

I also recommend taking the time to research all there is to know about hair transplantation - strip verses FUE. In my opinion, FUE is good for smaller sessions overall. If you are already a NW 2.5 or 3 at 23 years old, you may experience a lot more hair loss. This is why a long term game plan is critical to ensure a successful and natural looking hair transplant.

In CA,

I'd recommend consulting with Dr. William Rassman and Dr. William Reed. Note that Dr. Rassman's prices are higher than the average and I don't believe Dr. Reed does FUE. Both are truly first-rate and ethical hair restoration physicians and members of our coalition.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi,

Thanks for answers.The reason I was asking about FUE because FUE allows to shave my head if my hairloss will continue to progress. In addition, the strip operation seems to cruel for me. In terms of money I can spend about $13000-$15000. I agree that it would be better to get an HT at 30 or something but I have lost my confidence and self esteem already right now. It seems unbearably long for me to wait until my 30's. I will be 25 in couple of months. Thanks.

Originally posted by muslikcat:

Hi,

GHI in Florida is 5.00 per graft for FUE.

I would send some pics there--- for your situation I would consider them.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.