Dr. John Hamilton in Scottsdale? Any experience?

heyday

Well I've scheduled a 2,500+hts with Dr. John Hamilton in Schottsdale who works with Bosley.....any out there have any experience with him good or bad?

I schduled this for Nov 30th.....wanted to do it for several years now.....my father bent to Bosley in the old days...early 80's

From what I understand I'll probably need two procedures....found a lot of good info on this board....

Thanks for any help.

heyday

Your right......I haven't done enough research.....I guess I put the post out there to get a little info before I make a mistake...

To be honest I thought I knew a lot about this till I came to this site yesterday. I guess after making the appointment reality hit me...."Crap what the heck am I doing" Falling for some marketing scheme or what.

What I really need to do is talk with someone who doesn't have an agenda to get my 10K to 13K......to give me some honest opinions and advice.

I've only met with consultants with Bosley and MHR so far and then came accross this board on Sunday...

Help! Any guidance on where to start?

heyday

Heyday,

Welcome to the forums. I'd say it's a good thing you stopped here before you had your hair transplant. Bosley and MHR are typically referred to here as "hair mills" simply because they spend a lot of money on marketing and advertising and ultimately don't deliver spectacular results. Now you will find that some people have posted positive results, but the majority of Bosley patients have been dissatisfied, at least from the posts I've read.

You have found a board of many experienced hair loss sufferers who know a lot about hair transplants so take your time, look around, do some research, etc. It's important that before you get a hair transplant that you know what a hair transplant is. Take a look at some before/after photos in the photo section. There is a certain post (sorry, I'm forgetting who off the top of my head) that shows the graphic nature of the donor strip being removed that I think it's worth seeing. It isn't meant to scare anyone, only meant to show people the reality. Bosley commercials make it seem like only hair is being removed when in reality an entire strip of skin with the hairs attached is removed. Feel free to click on any of my links below also to see my experiences so far with hair transplantation.

As for which doctor to see...it's really up to you. But may I suggest that you choose one of the coalition doctors that can be found at:

http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content...s/our_physicians.asp

These doctors have proven themselves successful using the latest technologies in ultra refined follicular unit transplantation. You will first want to educate yourself and then go for a consultation of at least a few doctors.

Also, it would help too if you answer these questions:

1. How old are you?

2. Do you take any medication currently to stop your hairloss? If so, has the medication been successful to at least slow down or stop your hairloss?

3. Where are you on the NW scale?

4. What's your family history of hairloss?

5. Where are you losing your hair? Front? Crown? Middle? Can you post some photos?

This might give people here a better chance to offer you some solid advice about your particular situation. Also, one piece of general advice that is very appropriate to everyone is Don't let location determine which doctor you pick! You'll hear that from anyone experienced. This is a HUGE investment and you want to pick the most qualified doctor for your situation.

I hope this helps.

Bill

heyday first things first bosley is very expensive and its not because they do good work, its because of there high volume marketing.People such as your self is paying for it.Check out M&Ms hair loss blog he was a victom of bosley and I am glad you found us first we here on this sight are a very strong brotherhood.There is nothing for me to gain by doging bosley I just dont want to see anouther bad hairline.I myself 2200+ true follicular units front half of head Dr Ron Shapiro. And also bosley is NOT preforming state of the art transplants! can you say 1990.also I paid $9200.00 US.

Originally posted by stumper:

heyday first things first bosley is very expensive and its not because they do good work, its because of there high volume marketing.People such as your self is paying for it.Check out M&Ms hair loss blog he was a victom of bosley and I am glad you found us first we here on this sight are a very strong brotherhood.There is nothing for me to gain by doging bosley I just dont want to see anouther bad hairline.I myself 2200+ true follicular units front half of head Dr Ron Shapiro. And also bosley is NOT preforming state of the art transplants! can you say 1990.also I paid $9200.00 US.

Hi Heyday - I'm glad you found this site as I did about 11 months ago now. It literally changed my thinking on what state-of-the-art is in hair transplantation.

As suggested by Stumper, check out my weblog to see what Bosley did for my hairline as recently as the early 90's. And nothing has changed there since. It's sad but true. Definitely cancel your appointment and see the top doctors on this board.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Hello Heyday,

My name is Nicole and I am the patient coordinator for Dr. Scott Alexander. We are located in Phoenix and are a coalition member. I am happy to arrange a time for you to meet with Dr. Alexander for a consultation.

Please feel free to contact me via email @ nicole_Johnson@bshr_az.com or you can also call our office at 602-956-8800.

I look forward to hearing from you.

I am the patient coordinator for Dr. Scott Alexander in Phoenix, Arizona. Dr. Alexander's Coalition Membership Profile

• 7 months later...

If anyone reads this and is thinking about going to Bosley in Scottsdale, please do yourself a favor and DON'T GO. This guy gave me a massive scar on the back of my head that will never go away, and he (and the rest of that office) is totally full of shit. If someone could inform me on how/if I can sue the hell out of them I would appreciate it.

You should check out Dr. Keene in AZ. Her work is well documented on here as GORPY has recently posted some amazing pics

Do a search

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hey Heyday, Like everyone has said, cancel the Bosley appointment.

Living in the Phoenix area, You have one of the top Hairtransplant surgeons anywhere in Dr. Alexander.

I live in the Phoenix area and had a HT done in May by Dr. Aleander so if you have any qusetions PM me.

Otherwise Nikki left you her email, get an apponintment asap.

You should check out 2 or even 3 Doctors to get a good idea of who fits your needs best.

Dr. Alexander is a good place to start.

Just make damn sure they are members of this coalition & you will be reasonably safe!

Good luck,

I would have to agree and go to Dr. Keene in Tucson. During the consult, the surgery & after surgery I am very pleased with Dr. Keene. I had consults first with Bosely, I didn't care for them at all. They couldn't answer my questions that I asked concerning my H/T. I then went for a consult with Dr. Alexander then Dr. Keene in Tucson. You should at least go see Dr. Alexander and Dr. Keene for a consult. I went with Dr. Keene in Tucson. I live in Scottsdale and believe me I was looking for any excuse not to go out of town to Tucson for my surgery. After reacding and seeing Dr, Keene's results, expertise, qualifications & personally speaking with Dr. Keene I went with Dr. Keene. I do not regret one thing about going to Dr. Keene. Like I said, in no way did I want to travel out of town down to Tucson. But I realize that I was only going to do this H/T thing once and wanted to have it done in my opinion by the best H/T doctor, so I went to Dr. Keene down in Tucson, AZ.