How many of you have ur head bath daily?

Hi,

I heard its a myth that we shudn't be washing our hair daily. but it was proven wrong by my dermatologist that there is no harm in doing head bath daily. so i've been doing that for about 8 months now.

my straight questions.

is it safe and recommended to take head bath daily though we have considerable amount of hair?

If yes, how many of you wash ur hair daily?

any Pros/Cons you know if we wash our hair daily..?

Best Regards,

Rahul

Rahul,

Though people do have a tendency to over-treat their hair, washing your hair daily will not cause hair loss...this is indeed a myth.

I wash my hair daily. Of course...one could argue that washing my hair daily caused my hair to fall out to the fact that I'm a NW6.

But there are a few arguments that prove that this is a myth:

If daily washing caused hair loss then alll people (men and women) who wash their hair daily would be bald. Incidentally, more women would be bald than men since women are famous for daily shampooing and conditioning.

And what about the hair on the sides and back of the head? What accounts for the various hair loss patterns that we see? Why do some hairs hold up to washing daily while others do not?

Additionally hair transplantation wouldn't work unless people were told to stop wasshing their hair daily.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

Thanks, i am convinced from most of your comments. only reason i ask u such questions is that my hair looks dull when i don't wash it daily. The feel good factor is ON if i wash it and let the hair fly with air !

Probably i'll not start worrying abt this unless some one could give more strong arguments opposing it! Please everyone when visiting this thread, just leave ur comments.

Thanks a lot everyone in advance.

Cheers,

Rahul

Rahul,

Ask any question you'd like icon_smile.gif. It's the discussion that educates all of us!

The "dull" look your hair might be experiencing if you don't wash it may have to do with the natural oils in your scalp going into the hair. I know if I don't wash my hair every day by the end of the second day my hair feels and looks a little greasy.

The "dull" look could also be due to touching your hair often. As we run our fingers through our hair, whatever oils, dirt, etc are on our hands will partially rub off into our hair as well.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rahul,

Wat do mean by head bath..Washing hair with shampoo or just with plain water..i wash my hair twice daily with plain water(no shampoo)..The other reason I do it to apply minioxidil..I use shampoo thrice a week or sometime say around 3-4 times a week...Washing hair daily keeps ur scalp clean which helps u if u r using minioxidil..Also anything clean is always better...

Sandip, Wanthairs was saying exactly that. He was saying that he and his brothers all washed their hair and while they have there hair, he lost his. In other words he was saying that washing your hair doesn't cause baldness.

On that subject, I would like to say that to best clean your hair, people probably ought to put some sort of a filter on their shower heads, to filter out some of the impurites etc. It's not going to stop hair from falling out, but it can help get your hair and scalp cleaner.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about you, but I get an oily scalp. Don't know why, because it didn't use to happen before, but a doctor said it was because I had a severe seborreah (dandruff). However he recommended washing my head everyday and to use the selsun blue every other day. Franqly I think I loose more hair when I don't wash my head daily. I think its healthier to wash it daily

Actually, washing your hair everyday is a bit harsh on the hair itself ( not to do with hairloss). It strips the hair of it's natural oils and may dry it out. This is why people use conditioners often.. I actually looked this up & did some research ..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!