Who in here under 25y have made a HT?

RoboNick

Hello folks.

Im myself 24 and started to lose hair when I was 18 so I have struggled with this shit for a long time and lost many time and people in life because of this and still havent done a HT as I feel I will be more depressed after Ive done it then Im now.

So my question here is to you all under 25y that made HT, what was the cause of the decision that made you do it, did you think about the negative factor of not being able to buzz down or that you will be scard for life?

I hope some of you would tell me, as Im interested to see how people think when they come to a decision of a lifetime.

Thanx

Hello folks.

Im myself 24 and started to lose hair when I was 18 so I have struggled with this shit for a long time and lost many time and people in life because of this and still havent done a HT as I feel I will be more depressed after Ive done it then Im now.

So my question here is to you all under 25y that made HT, what was the cause of the decision that made you do it, did you think about the negative factor of not being able to buzz down or that you will be scard for life?

I hope some of you would tell me, as Im interested to see how people think when they come to a decision of a lifetime.

Thanx

RoboNick,

I'm affraid I'm not in the under 25 age group you are asking this question of, but I have been checking to see if anyone posts. Since nobody has as of this time I thought I'd comment. I'm 35 now but I do share your unease with the idea of being scarred for life. My suggestion is to check out some of the active members post op pics in their blogs. Some scars are extremely hard to spot. I myself debated this and came to realize that when my hair was full it never occurred to me to shave my head, why would I want to do so now. I would like hair on my head not a shaved head. I do know that this is a personal decision for everyone, and unfortunately it's true that sometimes in life when you choose one option you have to give up others, sometimes for good. It really sucks being forced into a decision like this when so young, but I wanted you to know that there are others also struggling with this. And it's also good that you are really thinking this out and not just jumping in. I hope this is a little bit helpful.

I am 22 years old. I was 20 when I had 1250 grafts on the hairline transplanted. You can search for my pics and experience on this site. I do not regret my decision. I am willing to do another session if I need to in the future. My doctor was one of the best, Dr. Cooley. I ruled out shaving my head b/c I doubt I would've looked good with a shaved head anyway.

mr.joe: Thanx for your comment, did you ever think that maybe the HT wouldnt give you the satisfaction in other words the head of full hair after the trasnplant?

Brando: Do you have before and after pics and also pictures how you look today? Didnt you continue loosing hair that young, because I do, very slow but every year I can see some receeding.

Thanx for the replys.

RoboNick, search this site for my pics. I posted some from right after the procedure all the way up to a year update. I haven't noticed any more hairloss. I'm on Propecia every other day (as prescribed by Dr Cooley). It's been 2 years, but if you look at my 1 year update pics, I look the same today. Good luck.

I think Brando was a good candidate at such a young age because his hairloss very limited only to temple areas, but if you're somebody with more severe hairloss, it might not be a good idead to do HT that young.

Also if you're 24, you can't think about HT until you're on propecia for atleast a year. Because you want to hold your hairloss pattern before you get into HT, because HT can cause shockloss on existing hair. But if you're on propecia, it might help you minimize the shockloss. I had my first procedure at 23.5 and 2nd procedure at 24.5. You can find my pictures on this forum. Actually, I have my 6 month update pictures due. I'll most likely post them by Monday.

KG

Hi RoboNick,

I know I won't have a full head of hair like I used to. So, I keep my expectations realistics. I'm 35 and a N3 vertex and would like to maintain my current appearence, if I can add density to the crown, cool, but front and midsection are more important. I think if the hair multipliction/cloning works in 10 years, then I'll let my imagination run wild lol. For now, I'm going to be a little conservative with my goals and expectations. I wouldn't mind being pleasently surprised though. I would highly recommend a consultation so you can discuss what goals you have, they are usually free and some docs don't mind multiple visits.

Well I have lost mostly in the fron region of the templates and a bit in the front middle, so the hariline is pretty much lost and thats what I want to restore.

Im thinking, maybe I will go with FUE 2000 lots of money tho for hair situation.

I think I will have to buzz my hair and see if I can accept me having buzzed hair or not, if not then the answer would be more simple. The hard is that I go to school, to buzz and maybe later have hair, eyes on me I bet.

Time to sleep ZZzzzz

why not wait till next summer. Cut it shorter, or leave it longer till then to hide the thinning, schedule it for June and by September you should be all set. You need at least a month to hide a HT. The hair on the back will grow, and if you cut it all at 0, within a week or two it wil be fine; however in the front, you will have a problem. One month at least, two months is better to be sure.

Originally posted by RoboNick:

Well I have lost mostly in the fron region of the templates and a bit in the front middle, so the hariline is pretty much lost and thats what I want to restore.

Im thinking, maybe I will go with FUE 2000 lots of money tho for hair situation.

I think I will have to buzz my hair and see if I can accept me having buzzed hair or not, if not then the answer would be more simple. The hard is that I go to school, to buzz and maybe later have hair, eyes on me I bet.

Time to sleep ZZzzzz

I don't know how much is your hair loss in terms of cm2, but don't just go by the # 2000. Determine # of grafts based on your hairloss. If you have 80-100 cm2 area to cover, 2000 grafts won't do much. You will, at the end, will be unsatisfied because of lack of density. So if you decide to do it, do it right the first time so you don't have to make multiple trips. If you can post pictures, maybe we can help you figure out how many grafts will be good.

KG

• 2 weeks later...

I am also 24 and seriously considering an HT sometime in the next year. I started noticing thinning at 18, but it was not horrible. The men on my mothers side of the family all have thick hair in their 50's and above while on my Dad's side, they are all cue balls. I thought I still had some hope but started Rogaine at 19 just to be safe. About two years ago things just started to fall appart on my hairline mostly and now a little on my crown. I started Propecia about a year and a half ago but it does not seem to be helping at all. So now I'm 24 and have been using Toppik for the past couple of months but even that is getting harder and harder to keep a consistant hairline up front.

I have been lurking on here for the past couple of months checking things out and researching, it seems like the general consensus is that us younger guys should wait it out for a HT. I would think that this view is mainly because the full scope of our hair loss is unforseeable at our younger age. While I can appreciate that, I somewhat have a magic crystal ball (actually two, my father and grandfathers heads) telling me what I'm in for in the long run.

Knowing this, I am seriously considering taking care of the front portion of my head sometime in the next couple of months and seeing how things go in a few years probably opting for the crown and middle by the time I am 30. Does this sound completely crazy to anyone? Either way I thank all of you for sharing your stories, experiences, and pictures on here giving support and help to us newbies.

I have been doing a lot of travel for work lately but I plan on getting some pictures up on here in the next couple of weeks to show and help others better assess my hair loss.

before you do anything: look at dad and see if he has any hair to play around with. I mean, would whatever grafts he can get make a difference? You have to keep that picture in mind, as you plan things. Transplanting hair that will fall 5 years later is stupid, and will only make you worse. You will lose the $$, you will look odd, and you can kiss shaving goodbye because of the ear to ear scar.

Originally posted by Hairtodaygonetomorrow:

.... while on my Dad's side, they are all cue balls.

John_in_NC: The thing is that propably many of us that loose hair have it in some way reltatives like on mother or father side that is bald and thats why we loose.

I think like this, if it is like someone related is bald and thats why I also am, I would like to prevent that with HT, and if I need more HT in future then I will, but is it better to wait 10 years to see the total result of the baldness because you dont know how bald you will become? I think doing something about it now is the main reason we all are here and what happends in 10 years no one can see, maybe there will be hair cloning , who knows.

Am I not right, what do u guys think?

Hey Robonick

sorry to be a bit late on the uptake Im 23 and had my HT done a month and a half ago and I havent looked back i think I even have some sprouters already

I shaved my head for 2.5 years and after doing that I will never go back for one I looked older and two how many girls our age are interested in a bald guy? I know there`s more to a relationship than attraction but honestly it is the basis for it

the way I looked at it was that no matter what become from it aslong as it was approached Properly, Realistictly and Performed Properly I was going to be in a much better situation then I was and at that point I was not even comfortable going out with my mates

Directly after making the date getting on Propecia) and more after having the surgery (despite all the scaps and stuff) I felt alot more better , because I went and did somthing about the one thing that made me down about myself

I too have lost time and friends from my hairloss but now ive taken the first to making my life better and most importantly me happier

http://www.hairlossweblogs.com/home-page.asp?WebID=95

We Can only Play the cards we are dealt

I am 21 (20 at the time) and my results suck.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Robonick

I got Strip Extraction, Dr Martinick does a special closure so the hairs grow up through it and break up the scar ,

Yeah im from Sydney Australia

Dr Martinicks from Perth but she does most of the capital cities and travel around asia too

dhuge

I know everyones said this to you mate but your still only six months out , be patient I know its hard

I do hope things will work out for you Mate

I must admit i do look upto in regards to Transplants

Has your hair started growing back since you shaved it?

We Can only Play the cards we are dealt

Originally posted by Browny217:

Robonick

I got Strip Extraction, Dr Martinick does a special closure so the hairs grow up through it and break up the scar ,

Yeah im from Sydney Australia

Dr Martinicks from Perth but she does most of the capital cities and travel around asia too

dhuge

I know everyones said this to you mate but your still only six months out , be patient I know its hard

I do hope things will work out for you Mate

I must admit i do look upto in regards to Transplants

Has your hair started growing back since you shaved it?

Thanks.

My hair grows normally, yeah, I just keep it short. I Might let it grow at the 10 month point, so by 12 months I'll see where I am and have something to show at a consultation.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog