Wispy/Frizzy/Wiry Hair After a HT

Hi,

I've seen quite a few posts on the subject of this discussion. I understand that this is possibly a temporal phase, and that the eventual maturing of the transplanted hairs would produce a result wherein the hair appears to flow more naturally with the native hair.

My only question, then, is during the time that the hair is in this temporal phase - would the result of the hair transplant appear to not be natural? What I mean is, would it be possible to detect that an individual has had some work done?

Thoughts or experiences ?

Additionally do we know whether this is more common in people who have fine/thin or coarse or curly/wavy hair or does not factor in (it is what it is)?

Thanks

Hi,

I've seen quite a few posts on the subject of this discussion. I understand that this is possibly a temporal phase, and that the eventual maturing of the transplanted hairs would produce a result wherein the hair appears to flow more naturally with the native hair.

My only question, then, is during the time that the hair is in this temporal phase - would the result of the hair transplant appear to not be natural? What I mean is, would it be possible to detect that an individual has had some work done?

Thoughts or experiences ?

Additionally do we know whether this is more common in people who have fine/thin or coarse or curly/wavy hair or does not factor in (it is what it is)?

Thanks

mm76,

In my experience with light brown hair with medium thickness, I didn't really notice a lot of frizziness. It certainly didn't look unnatural, though growing in, it just looked like the hair loss process in reverse, from miniaturized hairs gradually maturing into thicker ones.

As far as commonalities, maybe if enough people post their experience, we'll at least have enough anecodtal evidence to form a hypothesis icon_smile.gif

Best wishes,

Bill

I'm at 8months currently, and since I really started noticing growth (month 5) I def have hairs that look *unlike* my pure, native hair. This isn't to say it looks bad, or that I "had work done"; and I sincerely doubt anyone would even pick up on it (well, maybe a hair-geek icon_smile.gif).

That said, I really only notice this "kinky"-esque effect when my hair is totally dry, in the hours following a shower. With product in my hair (wax, gel, paste, etc.), or even upon waking after a night's sleep, it looks near-perfect.

I should also note that I have very thick caliber hair that is a bit "wiry" and "wavy" to begin with; also, my primary expectation from here on out is the maturation you're thinking of, which I expect to evolve in the coming ~6months.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Hello again,

I would not say the hair looks unnatural. Overall, the HT looks impressive, and just today I had my haircut and the cute girl outside said "wow, your hair looks great!" I haven't had that in a loooooong timeicon_smile.gif

However, as the previous posted said, in the hours following a shower and in the absence of gel or wax, many hairs tend to stand straight up, and are curly or "wiry". It might be my imagination, but it appears that with every haircut, there are less of these "rogue hairs". Or maybe I'm just hoping.

I have brown hair, and the hair is quite thick at the back in the donor area.

I hope this helps.