No improvement in my scar !!!

On January 6th, I received 3000 grafts. This is my second HT. My scar is from one ear to the other and still is very red and some areas seem to be kink of infected. Actually, I have not seen much improvement since the surgery even tough I clean the scar with peroxyde and apply liquid vitamin E on the scar mostly everyday.

Is this normal ?

On January 6th, I received 3000 grafts. This is my second HT. My scar is from one ear to the other and still is very red and some areas seem to be kink of infected. Actually, I have not seen much improvement since the surgery even tough I clean the scar with peroxyde and apply liquid vitamin E on the scar mostly everyday.

Is this normal ?

Guest bro66

it takes a while, im just over 3 months past, my scar is still red. it has smoothed out a lot, i started using bactine spray to clean it and a first aid ointment a few times a day, it seemed to help a lot.

I dont know...I am looking at others pictures and my scar is by far the worst. It is extremely red and thick, it is not smooth and simply does not seem to be improving. I will post a picture to get peoples opinions.

Thanks

MTLien44,

Try neosporin on the scar 2'ce or more daily.

Graftcyte shampoo if applied immediately Post OP should

help in recovery but still not too late to try.

Also gently rub your fingers over the bumps while shampooing and avoid wearing a tight cap/ hat around the scar.

Guest bro66

yeah man, i understand, im still very concerned about my scar, just give time it will heal. the only thing to do is keep it clean and use the ointment.

You might have your HT surgeon take a look at it. Even though it was 'way too early to be able to guess at the final result, a few weeks ago, I thought I detected a problem with the healing of my scar from my HT on 16 January this year, and asked Doctor Cooley to take a look at it.

As it turned out, I had developed a sebaceous cyst in the scar. Dr. Cooley was able to remove it right then and there. Obviously, I have no way of knowing if you have the same sort of thing, but it's certainly worth having your HT surgeon take a look at it.

You're approaching the 3 month mark post-op so, on average, I'd say you should be further along..........everyone heals differently but if you suspect infection I'd go see your doc for an opinion.

Could be you heal a little more slowly than the rest, time will tell. If there's the slightest chance of an infection you'll want to get it taken care of.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Administrators

MTLien44,

I really suggest you consult in person with your surgeon. There is no substitute for getting an up close look over by a physician.

All the best, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

There are medical articles on the web which state that vitamin E does not help in healing scars. The best topical product is scar gel which contains an onion extract that has been proven to help scar healing. Neosporin has a product with scar gel that is very good. Good luck.

Hi

I 'm at 3 months and my scar is still a little red. Relax, this was my 2nd procedure and it takes time to heal. Remember, we just had our head sliced open and then stitched up.. If you are really concerned , see a doc

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!