VIRGIN SCALPS

I believe I read somewhere that your best shot at removing the most amount of grafts is the first procedure, since there is no previous scarring.

is this true?

Im asking because given my current hair situation, after reading so much about shockloss I dont know if I want to go through all of that. Im considering just lowering the hairline and waiting out the top. Is this a good idea?

I believe I read somewhere that your best shot at removing the most amount of grafts is the first procedure, since there is no previous scarring.

is this true?

Im asking because given my current hair situation, after reading so much about shockloss I dont know if I want to go through all of that. Im considering just lowering the hairline and waiting out the top. Is this a good idea?

Yes, it's basically true that the best chance of getting the largest session is with virgin donor. However, not everyone needs all you can get from first surgery. Someone needing only hairline work certainly do not need to get 4000+ grafts and transplant where it's not needed just in case you have furthr hairloss in the future. If your degree of hairloss bothers you to the point of needing a HT, you take care of that with the right number of grafts needed to address your needs. This way your donor will be available for later if needed.

Janna, thanks for the input. I know I will have future loss all over the top as it is currently thinning. But the thinning has been a very slow and gradual prcess. I would like to go in and thicken that area up, but really dont want to look completelly bald (due to shockloss) for 5+ months. any thoughts?

Hi

FYI, This may be true, however I received the most grafts from my 3rd surgery due to the scalp exercises.. Do them , it works!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

As Janna and Mrjb said, for the most part, this is true but there are other factors that contribute to this.

Here are some of the other factors involved that I can think of:

1. Physician selection (choosing the same or a different doctor for subsequent procedures). Different physicians have different philosophies

2. Donor laxity: In JOBI's case, he went to the same doctor all 3 times but did scalp exercises for his third procedure and Dr. True was able to yield more grafts

Bill

notgoing2gobald,

Do you have current pictures of you posted on the forum somewhere? You don't necessarily have to be bald for 5 months. I guess I need more details of you to give a better assessement of what you can expect. Feel free to contact me at my email address.