NEW HAIR GROWING BUT FRIZZY

Island Girl

I had a 2000 graft HT done 8 months ago at NuHart Hair Clinic in King of Prussia. Its been a long road with major shock loss in the transplanted area, but thankfully it all came back. I have a very nice thick crown of hair now, thank goodness but I am concerned about one thing. It seems that all the hair that grew in has come in FRIZZY. The hair is all about 2 inches long at this point. Has anyone else had this happen? Both the HT Center and my Hairdresser tell me that it will most probably straighten out after a while. Comments anyone?

I had a 2000 graft HT done 8 months ago at NuHart Hair Clinic in King of Prussia. Its been a long road with major shock loss in the transplanted area, but thankfully it all came back. I have a very nice thick crown of hair now, thank goodness but I am concerned about one thing. It seems that all the hair that grew in has come in FRIZZY. The hair is all about 2 inches long at this point. Has anyone else had this happen? Both the HT Center and my Hairdresser tell me that it will most probably straighten out after a while. Comments anyone?

Hello Island Girl. I believe we spoke before on here and privately. A few things that might help you.

1. Crown hair typically takes longer to grow than frontal hairline work. So as you can see it is now growing but it's only 2 inches in length.

2. It takes at least 1 year, more like 18 months for the hair to reach it's full maturation. This means as the hair starts to grow in, it can most likely be frizzy and have a different texture.

So it sounds like you are on your way and it sounds like by having "nice thiick crown hair" now that it is pretty exciting. At 8 months though you are still on your journey. My best advice is just wait it out...keep shampooing and conditioning as normal...and it will mature like your regular hair.

Hope this helps.

Bill

• 2 months later...

i had 1600 fue's put in around my temples and front hairline 10.5 months ago. The temples grew in frizzy as well. The front is good but the hairline is a bit sparse. The doctor recommended another 200-300 put in that area in a 2nd procedure--he recommended waiting a year to 18 months fromt the first.

I had hoped i wouldn't ever have to go thru this again--so i am trying to get a feel for what a much smaller operation will do--how i can hide it-whether there is shock loss from the 1st transplant etc. Can anyone sort of give me a guide to what i can expect? thanks

• 2 weeks later...

It took over 2 years for my transplanted hair to achieve the same texture as the rest, it is now straight and manageable but it definitely did not reach this stage after 18 months. I guess everybody's different but maybe it took a bit longer in my case. Patience, patience ........