Thickners/concealers

Abby

Abby,

You are safe to use concealers 10 days after hair transplant surgery.

I've only ever used dermmatch. Personally, I never really mastered its application, but many have had great success with it. Others like toppik and nanogen exist, but which one works better seems to be a matter of preference.

I'm sure other members who have used other concealers will share their experiences.

Best wishes,

Bill

Most will tell you 10-14days post op. But from my opinion, its safe to use items like Toppiks right after but I wouldnt use anything that is applied directly to the scalp like Dermatch, Couvre' ect until a good 2 months and you see regrowth after dormant period.

Just my opinion and erroring on the conservative side.

SMOOTHY

Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine xtra

MSM/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin Shampoo

Zrii 3oz daily

I definitely recommend dermatch as I've been using it religiously for the past five years. It works wonders and has concealed my balding crown forever. I just got an HT in my crown and was told by Dr. Feller that it is safe to re-apply after 10 days post op. I will continue to use dermatch until my crown grows in and then hopefully ditch dermatch all together after about a year or so if my expectations are somehow exceeded icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Abby:

Are there any reported side affects regarding these products. Also is Topik available from the pharmacy

Abby,

These products are, although maybe a little more sophisticated, actually just about the same as makeup. So, no side effects should exist.

I've seen some incredible pictures on here of people using both, and I've purchased some Dermatch myself. However, I never mastered applying it so I don't use it much.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week