What age group usually get HT?

Ive been reading a lot of posting about young men in their 20s wanting to get transplant.

I'm in my early 30, not even at the halfway of my 30s and I'm just curious, are the majority of the men getting HT in their 40s and up because the cost of HT is expensive.

I have to cancel my HT today because realisticly I cant afford to spend 12k on a HT.

Sure there are payment plans(if qualify), but man 12K is a lot of money. I dont know about you guys, but thats a mighty big hole in my account.

Yes I know some of you will say, its an investment, its your hair, its worth the money, but according to Jim Miller in Death of a Salesman, the American dream is to have a family and own a nice home and have kids.

He didnt mention in there that Loman wanted to have hair transplant as his dream.

Back to the subject, just curious of what age group do men undergo HT and does that usually an indication that your life is pretty much stable and you can use money for HT instead of other things.

Cuz being 20s and early 30s, life is really unstable.

Plus the economy is very shaky right now.

Ive been reading a lot of posting about young men in their 20s wanting to get transplant.

I'm in my early 30, not even at the halfway of my 30s and I'm just curious, are the majority of the men getting HT in their 40s and up because the cost of HT is expensive.

I have to cancel my HT today because realisticly I cant afford to spend 12k on a HT.

Sure there are payment plans(if qualify), but man 12K is a lot of money. I dont know about you guys, but thats a mighty big hole in my account.

Yes I know some of you will say, its an investment, its your hair, its worth the money, but according to Jim Miller in Death of a Salesman, the American dream is to have a family and own a nice home and have kids.

He didnt mention in there that Loman wanted to have hair transplant as his dream.

Back to the subject, just curious of what age group do men undergo HT and does that usually an indication that your life is pretty much stable and you can use money for HT instead of other things.

Cuz being 20s and early 30s, life is really unstable.

Plus the economy is very shaky right now.

Jodirt,

You know that has always been my main concern or battle with myself, to justify the cost of an HT. I am 40 and am weeks away from spending that amount of cash on my hair . I look at my wife and daughter and see where they could benefit so much more with that money spent elsewhere, like a good vacation or some home renovations that we are in need of.It really is that guilt that I have a hard time dealing with more than the actual fear of getting an HT. I have always been a hard worker and have a decent income from which I can eventually recover the cost, hopefully. I do know exactly how you are feeling.

JoeyD,

I don't think there is a clear cut answer (I'm guessing it was a rhetorical question). Each HT is purely, or should be, circumstantial. I believe it is contingent upon the individuals circumstances and tolerance.

If you indeed meet the "unwritten qualifications" or are a solid candidate to have a HT and are properly funded- that is the right time.

If you can no longer be tolerant of living the life of a balding melon, it consumes your thoughts, your actions and limits you- that is the right time.

If you can no longer tolerate it BUT are not equipped with coin- you find a way financially. I was 25 when I had HT1, fresh out of University. I took on a second job and saved every penny (it was 1999 and 250 grafts cost me $2,500- big sigh) This go around I'm 34 and have been planning and saving for a year and a half (2008 2,500 grafts almost 10 grand- big ouch). I'm a traveller and there is so much of this world I could do and see with 10 g's, but if I don't go thru with this- I will travel for sure but be in a shell and boderline miserable.

Highly doubt you will find Arthur Miller nor the likes of Ernest Hemingway write about the lovely ode of balding- but I know what you mean...

jo, im only 21, and although i probably do not have as much expenses as you, im religiously saving toward a future ht, i think its just dedication and discipline for a couple years. i have saved up 3 gs, with expenses, over about 7 months, and my goal is to have 8 gs by the end of summer

propecia .5mg 7x

revita shampoo 5x

multi vitamin 7x

saw palmetto 7x

proportionally from what i make,(im assuming you make more than me), im sure the expenses to what i make ratio is probably around the same.

all i was trying to say is unless you got major debt/expenses, if you want something bad, and you have a consistent income source, then put money asides, thats all

propecia .5mg 7x

revita shampoo 5x

multi vitamin 7x

saw palmetto 7x

Good question and points.

I'm a financial advisor, so I can certainly relate to where you're coming from. I got a ht before I was married, and made payments on it.

From what you've posted, I'd recommend you wait. Things will be much easier when you're 40 - 41 yrs. old, even with a reasonable improvement in your earnings. That's part of being a man. Don't make your family do without something because you want some hair.

On the other hand, it's tough going through your 30's looking like this - but it sounds like that's what you must do. Start trying to systematically invest $50, $100 or whatever you can into a good growth and income mutual fund such as American Funds or Oppenheimer Funds, and designate that as your hair fund. Make sure you try and do without something to 1) Make sure you aren't still hurting the family, and 2) still feel good about it. I gave up dipping skoal about 7 years ago and saved about $3.50 per day. Drive a piece of shit for a few years while you save. Don't buy coffee at the store in the morning... Do something is all I'm saying.

FWIW, a $100 investment per month for 10 years at 8% interest compounding should get you about 5,000 grafts, or $18,874. And, prices on ht's have gone down the past 10 years!

By the way, as I recall Willie Loman had a head full of hair and a hot chick on the side icon_rolleyes.gif

He was a damn loser anyway, so I wouldn't bring his sorry ass into your thinking anyway......

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

..."but according to Jim Miller in Death of a Salesman, the American dream is to have a family and own a nice home and have kids."

--JD

Yeah, but JM was bald as a Baby's Butt!!!

Who cares what he thinks the "American Dream" is?

I know mine! It's to have a Mondo-Moxy-Mop!!!

WoOOoHOOOOOoooOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way, your not too young to have a ht.

if your concerned about the return on your investment;

just ask Jobis about the THOUSANDS of dainty lil' fingers

he's had run through his LUSCIOUS Locks!!!

arthur_miller.jpg.7b5fdd49e0e3ea072eba83b6b534d276.jpg

You're not just talking about a physical change...an HT can change you emotionally, socially, etc. In my opinion it is well worth the money.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com