5 months post HT- 4925 w/ Hasson

Salt-N-Peppa

my lasest update. Still waiting for more to grow, I assume I am at about 60% growth now with much more thickening to still take place.

9821020672_6713A6BF049EEF77BE595109B66DC2EE.JPG.thumb 4921020672_B303F0C1EB8BD7EA3DFD97BDE1F46D38.JPG.thumb 3921020672_86B0B333DF789034D9C341EE5A105869.JPG.thumb 2921020672_B2D270568F9E0807F3AD0BFCCB974471.JPG.thumb 1921020672_9F29823D6476415366EE774EB94D5324.JPG.thumb

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's

Hey Salt-N-Peppa,

Looks good so far. More will grow. 5 months isn't that far along. Do you have any pre-op pictures? As you can see below, I'm also a Dr. Hasson patient, but I just had my surgery with him last week...so I have a long way to go to catch up to you. This was actually my third procedure but only my first with Dr. Hasson! If you could post some before pictures and immediately post op pictures if you have em, that would be great!

Bill

Actually you can view my post from about 2 weeks ago titled " salt-n-peppa hair growth journey"...it shows pre-op,month 3 and 4.

I'll try to get all the photoos together in a blog as it is way more convienient than the method of posting I am currently doing.

Cheers.

sorry but no immediately post-op photos----The plan Dr Hasson and I developed was to cover roughly the front 2/3 ( leaving essentially the circular bald spot that is about a 2.5 to 3 inch diameter). I wanted as large a first HT as he felt comfortable doing ( it ended up being 4925). It was indeed a long day for all involved. My plan is to have a much smaller second HT ( about 2000 if laxity allows) that will cover the crown and slightly lower the front hairline with wispy single hairs....... I , unfortunately, don't have really thick dense hair from which to donate. However, the good thing about our plan is I will be introducing transplanted hairs into "virgin" scalp areas so I'm hoping for a reduced shock loss effect. Cheers.

Salt-N-Peppa,

4925 grafts is a lot of grafts for the first 2/3 of the scalp...so I imagine based on that that you have a lot more growth coming your way. If you can get 2000 for your crown, you should be in pretty good shape after that! That's what I would imagine. Dr. Hasson is the man after all! icon_biggrin.gif

Bill

I agree that he is the man! The frustrating part is the waiting for new growth. It is imperceptable to me by looking in the mirror each day, but when I look at my "before" photo I can see huge progress. Good luck on your 3rd (wow!) HT. Cheers

Salt-N-Peppa,

Hang in there buddy. Waiting is no fun...and some people's growth takes off earlier than others. Have you emailed Dr. Hasson at all showing him your current result and asking what else you should expect? Do you feel any hair stubble when you feel around the top 2/3rd of your scalp? Again almost 5000 grafts...that's a lot of grafts in that area...so I would expect you should have a LOT more growth!

Thanks for the good luck....yep, 3rd surgery...total of 7550 grafts for me. That's a lot of GRAFTS!

Bill

Funny you should ask, I just had my hair cut today and the lady who has been my long time stylist was playing with my hair like a monkey. She said she could feel the fine hairs starting to emerge from underneath what has already grown :-))) You actually make a great suggestion about e-mailing Dr Hasson about my current and future growth potential, thanks. As I said in an earlier post, I'd like to get another 2000+/- FU's to bring me close to your total count. That should fill in my crown easily and have plenty to tweek my front hair line. Oh, a final thought, my hair stylist could not even find where my donor strip was taken from. I am truly astounded that the incision has disappeared!! Cheers

Looking good SP,

My grafts are taking a shape similar to yours (4724 3/4 of the scalp).. I too see much more in my month to month picture comparisons compared to the day to day maniacal checking I do.

Good growth to you looks like some serious thickening could be in the cards for your next few months!

Your hair is shaping up quite nicely. I wonder if my being older (47) has anything to do with my slower growth vs. you and others, or is it just on an individual basis?? Either way, I already look so much better than 5 months ago. Thanks for steering me to your blog. S-n-P

Salt-N-Peppa,

That's great news! I am certain that many more hairs will be emerging over the next couple months. Some people are just slow starters...you definately have some awesome growth, but I'd think you would have another 50% coming honestly...but def see what Dr. Hasson says. Nice about the donor scar too!

Bay...

Your hair's coming in very nicely too, especially for such an early month. You will be a very hairy man in a few short months!

Bill

S&P,

The amount of growth you have for being pre-six months is quite good and based on what I see as "average" you are at the very least in the middle of the curve. The initial excitement from getting an HT is the new growth then there is the expected second wave of the doldrums. You'll see nice improvements over the coming months.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks for the encouraging words. Some of the photos seem to portay more hair than is really there. For my next set of photos , I'll try to get some closer views for all to see.

The addition of Avodart for the past 6 months now seems to have started a little uber-fine translucent hair growth on my crown. Time will tell if that is going to sprout into visable hair of any real density.

Perhaps you know the answer to this Jotronic- when I return for a second HT with Dr Hasson, even though I plan on the new transplants going into basically bald/balding areas of my crown--is there any concern of transection OR can Dr Hasson tell precisely where existing hair shafts ( even fine ones) are located? Cheers

Salt-N-Peppa,

There should be no concern about transection because of magnification, he can see all the hair, even the small ones that have broken through the scalp. He will place the new grafts around these hairs.

The one thing I MIGHT recommend, however, is to give the medication some time before having the crown surgery. If indeed Avodart is going to yield new growth, it's best to give it time to do it's job. Of course, I don't know if/when avodart will work to accomplish this task. Since it's not FDA approved for hairloss, I'm not sure how long you have to be on it to expect growth. But since you are still pretty fresh out of surgery (5.5 months), I'd give it until you are at least at 12 months. Dr. Hasson will be able to graft around existing hairs, even the small ones, however Dr. Hasson nor any other doctor will be able to graft around hairs that don't exist yet from medication. I hope this helps.

Bill