Failed Procedure

Isn't b-spot a lawyer or something? Maybe he can give us some insight into the legality.

Although I can't imagine how anyone could sue you for telling the truth.

Even if someone could sue me for telling the truth, I think I'd do it anyway. The truth will set you free, ya? =)

Good luck SS. I feel for you bro.

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

It's easy to tell someone to take a stand, but the reality is that you can be sued for libel. Whether you win the case or not is irrelevant if you have to spend thousands of dollars on a lawyer to defend yourself.

Most libel cases are civil cases. What that means is there is not a "presumption of innocence" involved as is in a criminal case. The basis for deciding a civil case is a "predominance of evidence". What does that mean? Basically it means that whoever has the "stronger" case wins. Good lawyers can make their case appear "stronger" than yours.

Be careful.

All you legal guys out there, correct me if I am wrong. I am not an attorney but this is my understanding.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

I would think that this butcher is on a pure, albeit lame, bluff; and, any lawsuit he foolishly decided to pursue (which would shock me, assuming what Squirrel says is true), would be swiftly met with a counter-suit that could potentially destroy whatever rep or standing or power this butcher has.

Of course, Squirrel can decide he doesn't want to take any chances -- however minute -- in fear of this butcher; though, if we took this course of action as a precedant, and it became a standard, it really just empowers butchers who already have too much power with even more while weakening patients' de facto/legal rights significantly.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

The facts stem from the very vivid account of this doctor that Squirrel has detailed. I have but reason to beleive him.

This is a hypothetical doctor, of course, since Squirrel has not disclosed his name; and, when I refer to "him" as a "butcher" (which may be an understatement or an overstatement, who knows) it is simply in line with what facts have been presented by Squirrel and are in relation to the experience that he has presented.

Were Squirrel to actually out the name of a doctor, while refusing to provide credible proof of his accusations, I would, of course, reserve judgement on this very specific doctor; but, this doctor is in a theoretical state of being where all that exists is Squirrel's word and ______.

And, as I stated, all I have said resides on the veracity of Squirrel's account and is for his reassurance and benefit *if* he is telling the truth; if he *isn't* then it doesn't actually matter one way or the other and it's moot since he would have none of the aforementioned "credible proof". Either way, it is really up to Squirrel at this point and we all wish him the best.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Unfortunately, I think this patient has been scared off.

I received a private message back from this patient asking to remove his posts and delete his account. However, on an open discussion forum, we do not believe in this type of practice unless there are extreme circumstances.

Additionally, he came here to post and chose to do so out of his own free will.

Personally, I don't think it's fair to our online conmmunity when people come to our forum, make allegations, and then back peddle.

I have encouraged him to reconsider posting his experience and stick to his initial decision so that we can shed light to this situation and help those that need it.

Bill

Odd.

I could completely understand why someone wouldn't want to get into revealing a horrific experience more than they have to (I can also understand why many people would take some comfort in exposing and revealing any malpracticing for their own releif and also for the benefit of others).

However, I agree w/ what Bill said -- I don't think it's proper..and also think it's very "odd"...to spontaneously appear and make very serious, pointed allegations and then back peddle and go totally mum -- situation just seems "odd"....

Especially after receiving various types of support to support the position that he was taking.

-----------

• 2 weeks later...