Let's talk About Sex...

Got everybody's attention now? icon_smile.gif

Ok, I've scroled the board here and havent found a concrete answer, so here is my question:

After an HT procedure, when is it safe to actually get into some frisky play with another? Are we talking 2 weeks? 2 months? 40 days n 40 nites? And how long is "hands off the scalp" period without concern of doing damage?

My long distance amour wants to see me, and we are trying to figure when we should book the airline tickets.

While i know the unlimited potential for innuendo zingers is ripe for this post, it would be also mucho beneficial to get some feedback about the actual question....THEN zing away!

Thanks!

Got everybody's attention now? icon_smile.gif

Ok, I've scroled the board here and havent found a concrete answer, so here is my question:

After an HT procedure, when is it safe to actually get into some frisky play with another? Are we talking 2 weeks? 2 months? 40 days n 40 nites? And how long is "hands off the scalp" period without concern of doing damage?

My long distance amour wants to see me, and we are trying to figure when we should book the airline tickets.

While i know the unlimited potential for innuendo zingers is ripe for this post, it would be also mucho beneficial to get some feedback about the actual question....THEN zing away!

Thanks!

i would say as soon as your in the mood but you just sit there and let your partner do all the work.

on touching your hair i would say 10 days or when you`ve had your staples removed if strip but you are going to be paranoid about them touching your hair for a couple of months in my experience.

if your partner is a wild one and likes to pull your hair you will have to tell them no go,grab your ears instead and hang on for the ride icon_wink.gif

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Lucky,

Funny yet important topic!

Just as it stated to minimize physical activities such as sports and weight lifting, sex should be considered a physical activity.

In all honesty I would wait 2 weeks or so before having sex at all - but like anything else, use caution and don't be too rough for awhile. icon_wink.gif

Bill

Obviously jokes abound for this topic icon_biggrin.gif

But, on a serious note, just wait a few weeks.

This is one topic I am an EXPERT on icon_cool.gif

(any real sex questions have to be directed to Pushing40)

Regardless of position, exertion, etc.... your going to strain your donor region or at the very least create an uncomfortable feeling.

It's not worth it--- but good question and glad you have this problem to worry about!!!

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by the B spot:

This is one topic I am an EXPERT on icon_cool.gif

Jason

B-Spot,

I dont think Lucky Locs meant having sex without any partners! But I guess you are still an expert in a certain sense....... icon_biggrin.gif I heard you can transplant those hairs on your palms to the top of your head.............??????? You have excellent donor there??? icon_eek.gif

NoBuzz

It's not worth it

B-

What are you referring to? The "physical activity," or the surgery that causes you to temporarily abstain? icon_wink.gif

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Guest wanthairs

well if you guys are too scared to do the real thing....as far as my experience, i was so stoned on painkillers I could not feel anything, not to mention i had no decent beaaatch that week, you could always resort to one hand practice over some glue sites.....

glue sites???!!! WTF??!!

OK, now that open mike comedy night has passed, it appears the advice would be to abstain from frisky play for about a month- just be to safe with not damaging the donor or recipient area (wait for it, wait for it) of the HT.

While annoying, i can tolerate this period, or so my wallet tells me.