The No Look Pass..

In both the Ottawa Int'l Airport and O'hare here in Chicago I got a handful of looks whilst strutting down the heavily populated airports in my damp, blue surgical cap.

I didn't mind in Canada but was a wee bit nervous here in Chicago, as I might've run into someone I knew.

I had several people just looking because they had no clue what I had done and we're just curious. BUT...

The bald or balding guys had a completely different look in their eyes, they were curious but very conscious not to stare and maybe offend me. BUT..

The most intriguing looks I got (or didn't get) were from the two different lads I saw that had had bad work done. Both, in different instances, were staring and when I caught eyes with them and tried to say hello they immediately looked down. They knew what I had done AND they knew I knew what they had done. Touche.

I also had a cat come up to me in toilet and ask me point blank, "What happened to your head?" Told him I had a brain implant. Should've seen his face, I just smurked and went on my way.

In both the Ottawa Int'l Airport and O'hare here in Chicago I got a handful of looks whilst strutting down the heavily populated airports in my damp, blue surgical cap.

I didn't mind in Canada but was a wee bit nervous here in Chicago, as I might've run into someone I knew.

I had several people just looking because they had no clue what I had done and we're just curious. BUT...

The bald or balding guys had a completely different look in their eyes, they were curious but very conscious not to stare and maybe offend me. BUT..

The most intriguing looks I got (or didn't get) were from the two different lads I saw that had had bad work done. Both, in different instances, were staring and when I caught eyes with them and tried to say hello they immediately looked down. They knew what I had done AND they knew I knew what they had done. Touche.

I also had a cat come up to me in toilet and ask me point blank, "What happened to your head?" Told him I had a brain implant. Should've seen his face, I just smurked and went on my way.

Are you talking about a blue baseball style cap? That's what they gave me. I wondered about the hotel lobby workers thinking, "Why do men come in here every afternoon with these blue hats with the little symbol on front?"

That was all that I was conscious of, but of course I drove by myself. It's worth it though. I thought about using the ol' brain tumor story if need be too.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Dr. Rahal gave me a handful of light (in weight and color) surgery caps that easily cover the head and tie in the back.

Everyone at the hotel knew I was a Rahal patient. I think it is fair to say that he gives that hotel more business that all its regular business combined. I was there just two nights and there were 5 other patients of his staying there as well. From Korea, Italy, France and the Uk.

That's classic! I like how you think icon_smile.gif

Congrats again on your recent surgery. You are going to have a nice head of hair in a year icon_smile.gif

Bill

Sweet. There is no doubt that the first couple of days post op was always most concerning for me. I looked like butt the first day, but remarkably in only a couple of days I was actually able to go about without a hat. Everyones situation will vary ofcourse but it is crazy how after such a major procedure you can be doing so well so quickly.

To be honest I drove to Minneapolis instead of flying because I didn't know how I was going to feel and didn't want to deal with all the airline BS. The road trip was a good soul searching experience for my wife and I so I was glad we drove. Nothing beats an occasional roadtrip. Thats a whole other story.....

Heal well my friend.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Not sure if its the flying the day post op or the amount of lidocaine that I had injected in my head, but something has given me one swollen nugget! I look as if I've gone a couple of rounds with Kimbo Slice(

).

The pain from the donor strip which kicked me arse the first night has subsided. But my face is quite comical (guess I've got to make the best of it).

Also, Dr. Rahal called today just to check in and also talk a little hockey. Super nice gesture.

MeBlindMelon was curious about your after care, Dr Rahal told me not to have stiches out until 2 weeks, im 7 days post op now, also most sites ive read up say that using finger tips gently cleanse the scabs after 7 days, dr rahal said to wait 2 weeks...same for you?

I'll say it again today at the 18 day mark, but I'm just amazed at this whole healing process. I took my sutures out 13 days as I was traveling for 3-days on business, but other than that 12th day with the stitches bothering the hell out of me, it's been a piece of cake.

And my scar actually almost feels better than it did pre-ht, as it has been tender for 17-years, and raised. That seems to be fixed.

As for swelling, I had none and I even forgot to take the meds the first 3-days until someone on here mentioned it and I looked in my bag. Plus, I pretty much slept normal from the first night (aided by valium), and never upright.

I do think Dr. Cooley is very non-evasive (if that's the proper word), but I can see how jumping on a plane would cause swelling.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Yes scooby, I too have been told by Dr. Rahal do wait two weeks to remove sutures. My issue is that two weeks post surgery I will be in Mexico and I am not sure that I want to trust a Doc there to remove the many stitches. I may have them removed a bit earlier in Dallas by a family doctor whom I know and trust.

Dwayne, I am impressed by your recovery. I've followed all the docs instructions and am still swollen like a prize fighter. It has entitled me to some pretty good b.s. stories!

I thought this was a basketball thread with the no look pass topic icon_smile.gif. Looks like some very nice work MBM. Now the waiting game. Surgical cap huh! I woulda requested a bandana or sometin. Then people woulda just thought I was some clown trying to be cool guy icon_biggrin.gif.

I guess everyones different with the swelling. I had 2739 frontal 1/3 and didn't have any. I'm sure it'll be gone very soon. From what I've seen the time to remove the sutures differs between docs anywhere from 7 to 14 days so you should be fine getting them out before your vacation. My doc was at the lower end and I removed my sutures myself cuz I really didn't feel like going into the a doctors for it. Definitely not something most would want to do but I kinda enjoyed it for some odd reason.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation. Make sure you wear a cap all day. Definitely don't want to bake the melon.

Enjoy your break in Mexico MeBlondMelon, ive just been emailed my pictures of before and after HT so i will try and assemble a blog today.

On a side note about swelling, when i left Dr Rahals office and got back to my room i somehow got confused and thought i only had 4 tablet jars instead of 5, and actually FORGOT to take the swelling tablets until day 3!!! As a result my forhead cheeks swelled up to match my swolled eyes with a bit of black and yellow.....i kept thinking should i be so swolled until i moved some paper on the bedsit cabinet and so the medication for swelling!!!!!hehehe needless to say its amazing now how 7 days post up the swelling has gone as fast as it came!

Great post! After my HT I had to wear that Shriner looking surgical hat to the hotel. I thought no way am I going through the airport with that on so I decided to wear a ball cap. I probably would have been better off with the surgical hat and maybe avoided all the attention at the security gate. I didn't want to remove my cap and explained i just had surgery and was hoping to avoid unnecessary attention. No dice. I had then waving wands over my hat and then they called over a supervisor and they both peeked under my hat. Then the head supervisor comes over and the three of them are peeking under my hat. Finally I just removed the damn thing and let them scan me. So much for not drawing attention. I had a friggin line up of people behind me staring!

FYI, I had my sutures out at day 12 and was told that was fine. I had it done at a walk in clinic but I agree, it's so simple you could get your GF to do it.

Enjoy Mexico. I'm heading down there Apr 27th and will be 6 weeks post HT. Still gonna cover up the head tho...you should too MBM since you're only 2 wks. BTW, if you had no hair there in the first place, why do you have to keep things covered for the first 3 mths?