I am rather new to this and I think overall this is an awsome site. But I am curious. How many of you guys in here making posts work in the industry and are trying to pump up certain doctors because you have a vested interest.

Just curious, not trying to make an accusation.

I am rather new to this and I think overall this is an awsome site. But I am curious. How many of you guys in here making posts work in the industry and are trying to pump up certain doctors because you have a vested interest.

Just curious, not trying to make an accusation.

I think that is NOT the case 99% of the time. Most all posters here are just helpful, period. Every once in a while some schmuck tries that crap and is found out rather quickly; you just can't hide a "hidden agenda" for very long on here. Seriously.

Finnari

Good question.. There are a couple posters on here who do work for doctors but they tend to be very objective and generally state they work for a doc on their closing comments.. Most of the time you will find persons such as myself who have has several procedures ( 3 ), have done extensive research, and are just good old fashion cheerleaders for our doctors as they have done excellent work. You will also find the reverse. The bottom line is we have a good bunch of posters here who would not let anyone give misinformation without a brutal attack

It's safe here!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

There are a few employees of various clinics that are members here, but even their posts, even though they work for their clinic, are very open to give neutral and helpful advice. There are some people, however, on occasion (mostly pretty obvious) that give shameful plugs for a clinic with no other motive than self-promotion.

Bill

finnari,

Your question is a valid one and it's good to ask these types of questions. You need to know not only what you are dealing with but with whom. In my case, I started here as a patient five years ago this month. You can see my story at www.hairtransplantmentor.com. I started working for H&W after my second procedure because before then I had been so engrossed in helping others, like you, on the forums and through more emails from my site than I care to count. I seriosly enjoy helping my bald brethren find their way, be it with H&W, or elsewhere.

Since I don't post as much I am seen by the new guys over the past simply as a consultant but there is a history to my reasoning and experinece that I enjoy sharing. I'm always a patient in my mind and want nothing but the best for anyone that comes my way because the shoes that I wear are very well worn indeed.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Not the case at all. Sure, we may each have a loyalty to our individual doctor and believe he or she is the best. But this is truly a great place to get honest and straight forward answers from real patients, not salesman.

Anyone working in the HT industry that posts here is required to state this by attaching it to their signature. This site has 4636 members at present, I would guess that the total of Docs, Techs and other's employed in the HT industry having membership here is far less than 100.

Those that ACTIVELY contribute, I'd say there are maybe 3...........Jotronic (Hasson & Wong), Spex (Feller), Jana (Shapiro)....sorry if I've missed any but those are the ones that come to mind. The nice thing is that these individuals are very knowledgable and can contribute details that we may otherwise miss here.

Very good thread and something that likely needs mentioned every so often to make other posters aware that there are no regular posters here with a hidden agenda. Those that do post with an agenda are usually easily identified and there posting is short-lived.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.