I just had surgery today in phoenix Dr. Scott Alexander

mphoenixaz

after seeing the bottom picture under "2nd day" it shows you had grafts placed in the front and also the crown; this concerns me because 2300 grafts is covering a lot of area = less density; I hope some other posters give their thoughts and opinions; but I don't see a major cosmetic differance with such a large area to cover and few # of grafts.

mphoenix,

Thank you for posting a link to your weblog. I took the liberty of adding a link to your weblog in your signature so it is displayed for everyone to see.

I think your 2 day post operative pictures look nice and clean. Though you will most likely have to go back for subsequent hair transplant procedures for additional hair density, I believe you will see a nice cosmetic improvement with this hair transplant.

I think Dr. Alexander's advice to start back on Rogaine is a good one as it might strengthen the existing hair you have in the crown and regrow some of the miniaturized hairs. I also noticed you are taking Procerin rather than Propecia. Any reason why? Read more about Procerin.

Dhoose75,

There can be a case made for smaller hair transplant sessions, especially in the crown - and I think mphoenixaz fits into this category. The fact that there is still some good hair in the crown, some of the hairs being miniaturized, less dense packing with minimally invasive incisions such as what Dr. Alexander uses will help minimize the risk of permanent shock loss.

I am confident that mphoeniz will get a good result though he may have to go back for additional density.

Bill

Thanks Bill for adding my weblog and I made a correction. I'm actually using provillus and not procerin.

Provillus seems to work for me 'cause it's all natural and also the laser comb. I started using it this year and noticed that my hair stopped shedding. I'm currently using the provillus pill form. I haven't tested the topical solution yet and it says in the website that it has 5% minoxidil and 5% azelaic acid. Has anyone tried this yet? Thanks.

cool. I'm going to order the topical solution also.

I just woke up and still feeling the effects of the medication. I just took my 3rd antibiotics and been eating anti-inflammatory foods such as oatmeal, green vegetables and tofu.

However, I've read in andrew weill's website to avoid pineapples and mango. I thought those types of food and juices speeds up healing and bruising?

Hi guys,

Here's my 7th day update. The redness is pretty much gone. The Bacitracin and 100% Aloe ointment and organic aloe shampoo really helped with the healing process. I don't think I lost any grafts since I followed all the instructions and the tiny little hair looks longer.

Here are my update pictures. (7th day progress)

CIMG1462.jpg

Front

CIMG1463.jpg

Crown

I'm scheduled to have my stitches removed tommorow.

Thank you for making the blog MP. Your experience will help alot of guys and gals in your situation.

By using that 2300 grafts to cover the old work while at the same time maximizing coverage you and Dr. A hit on a very good plan.

Your case is an excellent example that demonstrates that one HT doesn't fit all. There must be flexiblity to allow for coverage of old sub par work as well while maximizing the resources available. Dr. A did a superb job on you IMO.

Well done. Grow well.

Dr. Feller

Thanks for the feedback. icon_smile.gif I'll keep updating my blog when I start growing hair. I just got a haircut today to even out the growth and I told my hairdresser that I just had a surgery. She said, she couldn't tell where they planted the hair. She tried to hide my donor area as much as possible, but she couldn't go any shorter otherwise it would be fully exposed. She said the back is healing pretty well.

I also just started taking propecia.

Also washing my hair with organic aloe shampoo, graftcyte post surgical shampoo really helps with the healing.

At night, I apply 100% aloe to my graft area and also the bacitracin. I don't really like Minoxidil, so I ditched it.

I just take the pills. B12, Beta sitosterol, MSM and propecia.

CIMG1473-1.jpg Donor area still a little red, but she said it's healing pretty well.

mphoenix,

It is quite normal for the donor area to be red and/or pink for up to a couple months after hair transplant surgery. It will heal in time but it takes up to a year for the scar to fully mature. You may also experience donor shock loss - though not everybody does. If you do, the shocked hairs will typically grow back between 3-6 months - very similar to that of the recipient area shock loss.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

5 week update.

Sorry guys for not updating this too soon. I'm on my 5th week and I've experienced major shock loss! I've updated my blog and you can see the latest pics. Kind of depressing! Hopefully, they'll start growing soon.

I went to my family doctor and he prescribed me some Finasteride. Am I supposed to cut this into 4 or half? I still have some propecia that dr. alexander prescribed me and still taking that.

Anyway, when do I start seeing hair growth??

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone! Sorry for the very late update! 2008 was a very hectic and busy year for me and wasn't able to update my blog, but it's no excuse.

I just updated it!

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...e-page.asp?WebID=461

and I just want to say that I am very happy with my transplant. I highly recommend Dr. Scott Alexander.

Dr. Alexander will be sending me the pictures that he took of me today, so I'll put that also in my blog.

In the meantime, here are my latest pics!

blog.thumb.jpg.be53494905e24f02c455dea7c3037d84.jpg

mphoenix,

Thanks for coming back and updating us on your final result.

I agree that the picture you posted shows a nice improvement. I encourage you to add photos showing multiple angles of your hair today in your blog so we can truly appreciate the result.

I'm glad to hear that you are happy - Dr. Alexander does great work.

Best wishes,

Bill

I also want to add that Dr. Alexander fixed my scar in the back. You can't even tell that I had surgery because the line in my back has disappeared. If anyone wants to contact me, feel free to email me. I recommend Dr. Alexander 'cause he did a great job fixing my scar.