Hair density - Which doctor?

Hello every one. I am a 23 yr old guy from India. While the search for a gud Indian Doctor seems to continue with no results, people are experimenting with doctors. Few names like Dr.Bishen Mahadevia, Dr.Pathuri Madhusudan Rao have been coming up from time to time. I have contacted Dr.Mahadevia and Dr.Pathuri both of whom have a few patients in this community. Dr.Pathuri Madhu doesn't seem to like the concept of website, e-mail god knows. When you go to him he'll show you photographs n all, even asked me come n witness a live procedure. When i talked to Dr.Mahadevia he told he doesn't believes in a density of more than 40grafts/cm2 results in the damage of the folllicle. Probably he hasn't got the technique to do it. Well i deviated in what i wanted to ask

I am considering HT under the abv two ppl. But the problem is Dr.Mahadevia can do up to 40 grafts/cm2. What do u guys think. Will this hair line look ok or too sparse.If it's the second case then I shall go tho Dr. Pathuri who told he can go uptp 60

Thanks

(5).thumb.JPG.3929d6730d382ab71968619aa0c4f89d.JPG

If you do more than 30-40 with your diffuse thinning, your going to experience a ton of shockloss.

I would be wary of anyone telling you a density of 60 is OK when you have thinning throughout the entire male pattern at 23.

Your not even a HT candidate, quite honestly.

You need to wait a few more years.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I agree. I think the 35-40/cm2 is a very adequate density with which to plant FU grafts, especially if a good portion of them are at least 2-hair FU's. This density helps the surgeon to try and avoid having a "direct hit" on pre-existing hairs/follicles and minimized the chance for "shocking' to that existing hair, assuming it isn't taken out directly by the cut of the needle/slit immediately adjacent to it.

Another fact to keep in mind is that almost no one is completed in one session. Some clinics will promise this, but, if you go down the line with anyone who has been to any clinic seeking what for them subjectively is that elusive "full head of hair," they all went 2-3 times to get the density they ended up being happy with. In that context, starting out with a 30-40 FU per cm2 density is a very reasonable starting point if a relatively large area is going to be covered (such as the frontal and midscalp areas). If the goal was to fill in a relatively small area that was largely void of pre-existing hairs, then I think it makes more sense to push up toward 50-60 grafts/cm2, since you ARE pushing for a possible one-pass result and there is no chance of shocking any hair in the area.

The last point I would make is that Indian males typically have a rather coarse caliber hair, and if a fairly large percentage of the FU's are 2 and 3-hair ones, then 40 grafts per cm2 is probably the maximum you would want to go to.

Mike Beehner, M.D.

Hello guys, I had my 1st HT 3000 grafts with Dr Madhu. I had never planned for this much hair. I'll post the pics soon. I wanted to lower my hairline a lot more than he agreed upon. He told that you are going to be bald in 5 years or so he told instead of putting a lot of graft into the a new hair line he just wanted to augment it plus the top too.He told when you grow up a little more then a higher hairline will give you a more matured look. Had my transplant on 10th. The total surgery took about 7 hours I hav post op pic of 12th. comments pls

• 4 weeks later...

Minoxidil,

Considering your age and degree and type of hair loss, I would have agreed with the above recommendations to wait and try medication. However, I hope the best possible outcome for you.

Feel free to post your photos and share your experience.

Best wishes,

Bill

I recently visitied Dr. Madhu's centre where i was given eblarated counseling by means of presentations by other doctors and eventually consulted him for hair restoration. overall it was a pleasent experience, but I really want to know that is he the only one in india to clear the american board exam(abhrs) I find it hard to believe it. How do we verify this. also talked with some of his patients who were very satisfied by the transplantation procedure. I found a team of 10 memebrs working under microscopes, already working on 3rd surgery for the day. but its hard to believe that certification part. any suggestions?

• 3 months later...

My worse experience with Dr Madhu pathuri who claims he is the best. took me hours before i could understand the procedure and system. the place is so dirty that now i am scared if i should have undergone the surgery. he said his staff is experienced and trained where as they are part time untrained workers. this person is full of lies and have fake identities of his staff members. he shows them like doctors or trained nurses where as they are just people without any doc degree. I found out from one of the potrayed doc herself about how this faking game is played by DR Pathuri Madhu. god knows if he has a degree of his own and from where. my surgery was very painful and the way it was done was horrible.blood was dripping on sides of my ears and neck. I was terrified. I also got unconscious once. he told me it will be very comfortable whereas it was a nightmare. i can't believe dr madhu was talking about how to increase the prices and about his business while he was doing my surgery. he stopped and talked in the middle of my surgery so many times. He is a one of the biggest liar. charged me double and the grafts are not even placed properly and half of them never grew back. I am sharing this with you so you don't become victim of such unethical liars. I really should have got my surgery abroad. people please be careful

Hi every one,

Happy to see this thread is still alive. Sorry for leavin this thread widout any further info. Well I was a lil busy in joining my 1st job(as an automobile engineer in FIAT automobiles, am i being a snob icon_wink.gif ) Well lesse it's 1,2,3,4 hmm 4 months 12 days from my 1st transplant wiht Dr Pathuri madhu.

Am not that excited at this point of time, but things are lukin up hopeful, except for a stretched scar of one and half inch.

Mani. I can absolutely relate how u felt, even i was very wary of that doctor. He says he is a dermatologist but later turned into a hair transplant surgeon and consultant,even i was amazed( or rather skeptical) to see that he did 2-3 surgeries per day. I remember him mentioning that abhrs thing. also that he has taken training from Dr pathomvanich. Am sure Bill will be able to verify it.

Well now am really scared that half of my hairs might not grow. Well what do u mean he charged u double. It was 25 rupees/graft ie 0.5$/graft for me.How much was it for you. could you share some photographs. And when did u do the surgery?.

As for results Riz from Singapore and madhu from India could give us their feedback on their experience as both these guys are abt 10/9 months now i guess. Bill please contact them to know better about Dr Madhu.

I had pasted my operation pics in some thread but forgot where. Well i have created a webblog, will be uploading pics gradually. Here is the operation pic. 2hrs post op Hows does it look. Does it look like 3000 grafts??

2_hrs_post_op.thumb.jpg.c9a716b22b6ac3f3628053df67042f33.jpg

mani_reddy,

I understand wanting to share your experience, but you are not permitted to spam the forum by posting the same exact information on every thread you can find. I've had to remove at least 6 duplicate posts now. Quite honestly, it's probably better for you to create your own topic to share your own experience and photos rather than piggyback off of someone else's thread (not to mention many threads).

If you are indeed a patient of Dr. Madhu's, you are welcome to share your experience. However, you are honestly the first person I heard from that's had a bad experience. Some of your claims are pretty wild too. Can you substantiate them?

I'm currently in the process of learning about Dr. Madhu and he is being considered for potential recommendation. Thus, if you'd like to be taken seriously, please post some before and after photos and substantiate your claims. I'd also appreciate you sending me a private message to validate that you are indeed one of his patients.

Thanks and Best wishes,

Bill

is

Yeah absolutely, I thought that too, but since all are 3360 so I tend to believe that the website has not been properly made and that surely no one is that foolish to expect people to believe that all patients had same no of grafts

Minoxidil and RajToor,

Not by any means am I attempting to answer for the clinic, because I too find it weird that all of their results are listing "3360 grafts" (some of which clearly look like a lot less). But I do know that Dr. Madhu's last email to me indicated that they were in the middle of finishing up their website and expect to be finished by early November. This information was given to me to let me know why they haven't taken me up on my invitation to post examples of their work on our forum for public review.

I guess we'll wait and see what happens.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hey Bill you got me wrong,even I was telling that definitely there is some problem with the website. and that no 1 can be foolish enough to do it purposefully icon_smile.gif. Bill could you answer my previous post. Around how many grafts does i looook like

i had done ht from dr mahadevia b fore 20 days.he susggested me up to 4500 graft in 2 seccion and in m 1st sitting he gave me 2640 graft it covered only frontal area.afetr 6 month i again i have to go for the second sittings,i will post my pic sooon,i sent mail to dr regarding my pic and he said that camera memory card fell in water and he is trying to fix the problem with experience man,any way if he could not sen me the pic i will pos my current pic.my surgery experience was very good but i felt that his staffs are un educated.i dont know why indians dr are using un educated staff

Hopefully things will turn out good for you. Arnolder has good results with dr Mahadevia. To tell you i think Dr Madhu's staff were also not very well qualified. Probably coz there is no fixed standards in third world countries health regulations for these procedures. So it's easy for them to earn more money paying those staff less icon_smile.gif

I hope you experience alot of growth!

So far from what i can see, the post-op pictures look professional and clean. I wish you the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

It will be nice to have a recommenced HT surgeon from india, we will be waiting for your results and remember higher count of hairs will give you more density not not by counting grafts. Good luck with your recovery.