hairdx

Im a new user. Sorry if this may have been posted before, but there is such a wealth of info and opinions on here, its impossible to find. I searched my keyword 'hairdx' and didnt find anything.

Anyone heard about this place?

Its US $149, you send a swab, and they will generate a report, telling you about your genes, and whether you are going to go bald or not (in simple terms).

Anyone have any info?

I am asking since I started propecia the other day, with a fairly good head of hair on me still. I have noticed thinning, and thought I will start it. Its a rather expensive drug in Australia, so I thought 'hmmm maybe it might be worthwhile seeing just what is happening on my head before I start with all these kooky treatments'.

Like I said - if its been posted before, sorry. But if you want to have a read, the web address is the same name as the topic, with a dot com. Sorry, I dont know what the policy with respect to commercial links are.

Feedback will be good.

Anyway, in saying this, Im glad to be part of this forum (first post). It seems like any possible solution to our problem would be posted on here within minutes. I am planning to ask a question or two in other threads, so please help out.

Cheerio

Anonymous man!

dude if you can tell your hair is thinning nd you still have a good hair, i would definitely say get on propecia. thats what i wish i would have done as soon as i noticed hairs in my hand( im only 19) but do it dude. itll keep that shit in most likely.

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

Interesting. Nice website; though, it is kinda like determining whether or not you wanna the date of your death.

You could also go to a dermatologist or a HT doc and get examined for early stages of minaturization, and know where the beast is first striking.

Propecia is a solid drug, and p4p the best non-surgical treatment out there, but don't expect a miracle. If you have loss in your frontal region I would recommend adding rogaine foam 5% to the propecia, which gives you by far the best shot of preserving and regrowing in that area.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• 3 weeks later...

I found the information on the HairDX web site to be accurate after reading the research studies that the site referenced as well as other published studies. It seems to me that 149 is not a bad cost for testing to see if my hair loss is genetic. Then I would definitely know that all of these products and their side effects would be worth it. I've seen the hair transplant pictures and I definitely don't want to go down that road. If my test comes back that I don't have the variant that causes hair loss, I will know to go see my doctor and look at different reasons, which will save me from all the side effects of the pills and creams. Not to mention 149 vs. the cost of all the pills and creams for the rest of my life is a no brainer.