Recent surgery with Dr. Konior in Oak Brook Terrace, Il

I took the plunge tuesday and had 3000 grafts done with Dr. konior in Oakbrook Terrace, Il. I have to say I am so very impressed with the way everything has turned out thus far! I am amazed at how it feels to have hair on the top of my head again and only am regretting the eventual shaedding that I know will take place soon. But, I am so looking forward to how I am going to look 6 months to a year from now. I was a norwood 5-6 so you can imagine how happy I am to see my hair. I wanted to give anyone out there who has ever considered a hair transplant a little insight as to how my procedure went. First, let me start by saying that the shots I heard were suppose to hurt barely felt like anything at all. I arrived at 6:00 am at the office, took two valiums and the next thing I knew it was 12:30 pm and well past the half way point. At which time the staff offered me a sandwhich and some juice and time to stretch and take a break. I was totally , and I mean totally without any discomfort or pain throughout the entire procedure. I would like to post some pictures but I don't know how to go about that yet. I will try to figure it out. My highest recommendations to Dr.Konior. He is very personable and professional. Tom, who handles the financial side of things was also great to work with and always willing to answer any questions I had. I hope this doesn't sound bad , but seeing Sharon at the office doesn't hurt either. Very easy on the eyes! Anyway, the only thing I have that bothers me at this point is some facial swelling which is my own fault because I can't seem to stop eating salty foods or sit still all day. If what I see on my head right now is any indication of what my hair will look like in the near future, I will forever be thankful to Dr. Konior and his expertise. I would definately recommend him to anyone! If anyone would like to ask me any questions, I would be glad to answer them if I can. I may not get back to you right away because I can't stand being on my computer, but I just had to let people know about my experience because I had been depressed about my appearance for so long now , and now I am excited about the future look.

I took the plunge tuesday and had 3000 grafts done with Dr. konior in Oakbrook Terrace, Il. I have to say I am so very impressed with the way everything has turned out thus far! I am amazed at how it feels to have hair on the top of my head again and only am regretting the eventual shaedding that I know will take place soon. But, I am so looking forward to how I am going to look 6 months to a year from now. I was a norwood 5-6 so you can imagine how happy I am to see my hair. I wanted to give anyone out there who has ever considered a hair transplant a little insight as to how my procedure went. First, let me start by saying that the shots I heard were suppose to hurt barely felt like anything at all. I arrived at 6:00 am at the office, took two valiums and the next thing I knew it was 12:30 pm and well past the half way point. At which time the staff offered me a sandwhich and some juice and time to stretch and take a break. I was totally , and I mean totally without any discomfort or pain throughout the entire procedure. I would like to post some pictures but I don't know how to go about that yet. I will try to figure it out. My highest recommendations to Dr.Konior. He is very personable and professional. Tom, who handles the financial side of things was also great to work with and always willing to answer any questions I had. I hope this doesn't sound bad , but seeing Sharon at the office doesn't hurt either. Very easy on the eyes! Anyway, the only thing I have that bothers me at this point is some facial swelling which is my own fault because I can't seem to stop eating salty foods or sit still all day. If what I see on my head right now is any indication of what my hair will look like in the near future, I will forever be thankful to Dr. Konior and his expertise. I would definately recommend him to anyone! If anyone would like to ask me any questions, I would be glad to answer them if I can. I may not get back to you right away because I can't stand being on my computer, but I just had to let people know about my experience because I had been depressed about my appearance for so long now , and now I am excited about the future look.

Congrats! It's fun to see such enthusiasm.

I hope you're able to take some pics soon as it's nice to follow your progress when we can actually see the changes. Can you also put more specific information? Such as the the number of grafts (how many 1's, 2's, 3's & 4's), and the strip size.

I know Dr. Konior's office from scheduling suture removal appointments for our patients at their clinic. They have a very courteous staff.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Sounds like such a great experience but ofcourse the proof is in the pudding so lets see the photos if you can. Thanks for giving such detail of the procedure.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Yes.....congrats to you Overhair. I'll be anxious to see the results....I'm a fan of Dr. Koniors work and believe he produces very natural-looking results.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.