frustration @ 3 months...

zerro

Guys, (I'm just venting) today is 3 months post-op and I'm ready to burst. Everything seems to be going well... although, some of my HT is nearly an inch to 1 1/2 long (with some shorter), it all hasn't started to grow yet and at this point hasn't offered any aesthetic value yet. I really need to get beyond this... the anticipation and frustration is stressing me out. I want to move on, throw away all those stupid hats, show off my new hair, post some pics- so I don't look like a hypocrite or fraud to you guys and start concentrating on the important stuff. I have many things I need to focus on, but all I can do is think about my hair. So, help me out; give me your best shot, fire-away, do what ever you have to to help me get out of this funk. I have a great sense of humor (a little miss understood at times) but nevertheless, quite innocent and I take it probably better than I dish it out.

Idea: Pat and Robert, because so many people that visit this site are under a lot of stress; how about a 'Laughter is the Best Therapy' section. Can't use 'medicine' because Readers Digest has coined that. That cartoon with the guy growing hair out his butt was funny, which reminds me of this my brother always says that, "he is not loosing his hair, it is now just growing on his back."

Well anyway, I'm sick of being so serious about this all the time. Anybody else feel the same way?

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

Guys, (I'm just venting) today is 3 months post-op and I'm ready to burst. Everything seems to be going well... although, some of my HT is nearly an inch to 1 1/2 long (with some shorter), it all hasn't started to grow yet and at this point hasn't offered any aesthetic value yet. I really need to get beyond this... the anticipation and frustration is stressing me out. I want to move on, throw away all those stupid hats, show off my new hair, post some pics- so I don't look like a hypocrite or fraud to you guys and start concentrating on the important stuff. I have many things I need to focus on, but all I can do is think about my hair. So, help me out; give me your best shot, fire-away, do what ever you have to to help me get out of this funk. I have a great sense of humor (a little miss understood at times) but nevertheless, quite innocent and I take it probably better than I dish it out.

Idea: Pat and Robert, because so many people that visit this site are under a lot of stress; how about a 'Laughter is the Best Therapy' section. Can't use 'medicine' because Readers Digest has coined that. That cartoon with the guy growing hair out his butt was funny, which reminds me of this my brother always says that, "he is not loosing his hair, it is now just growing on his back."

Well anyway, I'm sick of being so serious about this all the time. Anybody else feel the same way?

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

Zerro I feel you frustration. I went thru the same. I was also nervous/eager at 3-5 month period. I, too wanted to throw my hat away, but that did not happen until I reached months 7-8. So have patience... it takes time..

KG

Thanks KG... but I already know I have to be patient- but I really don't want to. So, while I wait I thought it would be interesting to get some stimulating and fun conversation going about post/pre HT Balding experiences. You know the funny sh.. or things that have happened that were totally off the wall.

Like... a couple weeks ago I was sitting in a bar totally to myself and out of the blue this girl came over, took my hat and walked away. What the heck is up with that. Are we in second grade; does this mean she likes me? At least before she saw my head. -ha In fact, it seems most everytime I go out this happens, in various respectable establishments. It happened again last night, new girl/different place; what's up with that.

It's unreal to me. Don't people have an awareness that each of us have 'personal zones' that can't be breached. I realize there is a time to let down your guard, but the girl should at least tell me your name first. -ha Honestly, I game!

I'm extremely easy going, but I did kind of flip-out on that girl. I asked if it would be acceptable to her, if I were to go around and grab her boob and snap her G-string and bra strap anytime I wanted. I was a little rough (in a polite way) but she caught me off guard and I'm really sick of this happening.

Anyway, I just thought it would be kind of cool... as people are reading and posting in various other topics (you know the important stuff) there also might be a location where we might vent, tell stories and have some respectful fun (PG type). Or not!

Zerro -

Believe me we all have been in situations like you have been. You can not lash out on everybody. Just keep calm and be patient. Best thing to do is not let things like that affect you and keep your comfidence high. Try to get yourself real busy so you don't think about it much, and time goes by real fast. Just be positive as you'll be done with all of this very soon and you can leave the past behind and move on. Have faith!

KG

zerro,

im with you, im 4 months post op on Tuesday and trust me i hate this shit probably more than anyone

it will be nice to be able to retire the ballcap. can't wait. time to start livin

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

Zerro,

Welcome to the "ugly duckling" stage at it is sometimes referred to. This can be kind of a rough time because you want it to just get here already!!!

Keep your cool, bro. I remember how mad I would get when a girl would snatch my hat off. You just have to remember that 9 times out of 10, she's probably just kind of flirting with you. Hey, it's better than being ignored, right?

There are worse things than thinning on top and one of them is not seizing what could be a great opportunity to show this chick (and anyone else around) how you can just let something roll off your back. Laughing at yourself can be pretty endearing to women because it shows confidence. Confidence, my friend, will get you anything. After all, my guess is that is why you went ahead with the surgery in the first place, correct?

The surgery isn't a magic pill that will cure everything. Sure, it can help; it can help a lot. However, you need to have your own brand of confidence to bring to the table in addition to your new locks.

Stressing about it isn't going to do any good. Keep your chin up and fight the good fight smarter, not harder. The next time a young lady rips your hat off, quickly run your hands over your hair to "fluff" it a bit, smile coyly, and direct her attention to your sense of humor and wit. Ask her if she really thinks it's alright to steal a man's stuff without at least buying him a drink. The more you pop off cool, classy conversation, the less likely she will be focused on your thinning scalp.

Hey, you may have to be thin a little longer, but at least you'll be that classy thin guy with a great smile and a good sense of humor.

Oh, and by the way, she won't be able to see how much hair you do or don't have after you turn off the bedroom light anyway. icon_wink.gif

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog