Ideas On How To Hide Hair Transplant

I am getting a hair transplant soon but can not be off of work for too long and Im not allowed to wear baseball caps at work so I was just brain storming on ways to hide a hair transplant. I came up with wearing a kufi. I think i can get by with this because i can say its part of my religion (please forgive me). What do you guys think? Anyone other ideas are welcome. Thanks

I am getting a hair transplant soon but can not be off of work for too long and Im not allowed to wear baseball caps at work so I was just brain storming on ways to hide a hair transplant. I came up with wearing a kufi. I think i can get by with this because i can say its part of my religion (please forgive me). What do you guys think? Anyone other ideas are welcome. Thanks

This may sound stupid but..

If you can explain that you are having A surgery of some sort on your head without saying it's a hair transplant.

Maybe start complaining a few weeks before that you have a cyst on your scalp. Don't complain too much. Then maybe explain to your boss that you have to have it removed and it's not gonna look too pretty and would it be O.K. if you wore a hat until maybe it heals a bit.Ten days at the most. Then try to come up with a makeup coverup after that. Maybe even wear a bandage.

It's deceptive, I know. I can understand though why a guy (or a girl) wouldn't want people to know they have had a HT.

If you walked in to work the day after a transplant I think they would almost demand you wear a hat. Or take some time off.: )

The day after my HT my head looked like it had a Lava flow on it. What I did was I started wearing a baseball cap a few weeks prior to my surgery. I made it like it was my new "look".

So far nobody has really asked at all if I had anything done. It's psychological.

I warned you it might sound stupid, but it did work.

I hope this helps you.

Hmmm...how many days off can you get off at the max?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

It really depends on alot of things. Do you have existing native hair? Are shaving the recipient area? Do you heal well? etc. etc.. I was back at work in 5 days and nobody noticed. Everyones different though. Here's a link to some picture of my mellon at the office 5 days later. http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=149492

I'd be interested in hearing how patients who have shaved down and have the donar scar completely noticable handle questions about it.

I'll be shaved down and fully exposed as of Monday. I've competed in various martial arts and most of the people I interact with are aware of this; so I think if a combo of courve and dermmatch don't do the trick, I will brush it up as some weird injury that happened while training or competing and just play it cool and casual and leave it like that. Shouldn't draw excessive suspicion, but time will tell.

In general, unless you are kosher with just telling the truth, assigning the mark to some sports injury or freakish accident (like fell and smacked a curb, e.g.) I think is a decent way to go about handling questions. Can also use a concealer to make the scar just look less fresh at the very least, which would give greater credence to an aforementioned -- ficitonal -- story being from the past.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Use Dermatch but sometimes you could use the whole sunburn or allergy excuse

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

JM. Youre hilarious. Your excuse isnt bad but just a little too extra. Im trying to avoid people paying attention to my head when i return to work. I forgot to mention that i will not have the recipent area shaved and i will have the grafts placed in my temporal hairline area.I will be able to take a week off from work. I am also african american with a chocolate complextion. Has anyone seen or know how an african american looks right after surgery? any pics?