Chills (Post-Op)

I'm not sure if that is the best description, but has anyone experienced a sort of chilling feeling during the week following their surgery? I'm not sure if its because of the staples near the nerve endings in the donor area, the fact that I am kind of sedentary, or what, but I periodically continue to get these chills where I feel the little hair on my head stand up. I checked my temperature and do not have a fever. Any thoughts?

I'm not sure if that is the best description, but has anyone experienced a sort of chilling feeling during the week following their surgery? I'm not sure if its because of the staples near the nerve endings in the donor area, the fact that I am kind of sedentary, or what, but I periodically continue to get these chills where I feel the little hair on my head stand up. I checked my temperature and do not have a fever. Any thoughts?

I never experienced this myself but don't forget that your nerve endings are mauled pretty badly after surgery, who knows what signals they're sending around? It's probably nothing.

Give it a few days and if you still get them, ask your doc about it.

Gossamer,

If you are referring to in the donor area, yes, I have...and it was only during my third surgery...my best guess is it's because of the staples. It's kind of a strange feeling...you are right...hard to describe. But if what you are explaining it the same thing I had, yes...it is normal and will go away after the staples have been removed.

Bill

Never had them, personally, but I agree.......with the nerves that are likely cut during surgery it probably isn't that odd. Bill seems to also have experienced this so it seems like you're not the first.

Hopefully it will go away once the staples are out.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi

Yes, I have as well and I have had sutures all 3 times. It's almost like a "TWEAKING" feeling. I think it is the regeneration of the nerves

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Gossamer,

Just so you know, the chills will start again at approx. 4-5 months when you see a positive transformation in your appearance as the growth starts. icon_smile.gif Keep us all posted on things.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90