Just got dermmatch

Today was my first application of dermmatch..i dont know whether it is because it is the first application but it didnt go too well...It left my hair feeling hard and unmanageable...has anyone had this experience...how many times are you supposed to use the applicator, also hairline problem.

Today was my first application of dermmatch..i dont know whether it is because it is the first application but it didnt go too well...It left my hair feeling hard and unmanageable...has anyone had this experience...how many times are you supposed to use the applicator, also hairline problem.

I no longer use it since I didn't have enough hair left to see the shine icon_frown.gif

As for manageable hair, I read a recent thread about wetting it again after applying and drying the first time, then towel dry and/or blow dry.

When I did use it......as for the hair line, don't have it sopping wet with the stuff when applying there.....just slightly damp. It kind of eases you back from the hair line leaving it looking softer and more natural.

It takes a little getting use to but is the most effective, IMO, when you get the hang of it and it's far easier than the the others out there.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I also just tried dermmatch for the first time yesterday, my experience was that it left my hair looking very dry and dirty. ironically after washing it out later that night I believe some remained in my hair and actually looked good. i'm guessing I used too much the first time and will continue to experiment a little.

I have used Dermmatch for about 8 months now and find it works great. I find the trick is to use very little. I towel dry my hair after getting out of the shower. I then lightly dampen the applicator. I pat (rather than rub)the applicator into the thin areas. It probably takes about four minutes to apply. Also, I don't blowdry my hair but instead let it dry naturally and comb it out using a feather comb to create volume.

Hi Guys,

I have been using it for about 10 months now and have learned much about making it look more natural.

After application and your hair is completely dry, I sprinkle on a little Toppik, just a bit and the thinnest parts. Here is the final part, go get yourself some Jason Natural Cosmetics, The Pro-Vitamin Thin-to-Thick, Body Building Hair Spray with Biotin & Cysteine. It is Alcohol free and won't make the Dermmatch run on your head (compared to alcohol based products). Make sure your head dries again then comb out.

Hope this helps!

HH

Here is the Advertisement notes:

Created with a unique and natural formula, this hair spray is a styling aid as well as a treatment ideal for all hair. Thin, fragile and weak hair will not become dry or brittle with continued use. This body building and conditioning formula contains JASON's exclusive Planthenol-3 Complex to bind moisture to the hair shaft, while Whole Wheat Proteins and 22 Keratin Amino Acids reinforce and thicken hair fiber and smooth down hair cuticles. Thin-to-Thick Hair Spray protects hair against environmental pollutants, UV rays and humidity to provide maximum and lasting hold. Provides lift and support even to very fine, limp, hard-to-manage hair. Leaves hair full-bodied, shiny and bouncy. Because of its supple texture, hair remains soft to the touch and can be re-applied without hair becoming stiff, sticky or flaky. At the end of the day, your hair can be combed out effortlessly, without risk of damaging hair fiber.

Ingredients: Hawaiian Sea Kelp/Algae Extract, Purified Soft Water, Flax Seed Extract, Aloe Vera Gel, Glycerin(Vege), Marigold Extract, Comfrey Extract, Dimethicone Copolyol, Chamomile Extract, Lauramide MEA, Soy Protein, Allantoin, Vitamin C (Ester-C©), Planthenol-3 (Plant Phospholipids, DL-Panthenol, Ethyl Panthenol, Steardimonium Panthenol), Polyquaternium-10, Cysteine, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Rice Protein, Methylparaben, Biotin, Propylparaben, Horsetail Extract (Silica), Benzophenone-3 (UV), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Essential Oils of Goldenseal, Lemon Grass and Raspberry.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE