BOSLEY hair restoration

Hai Everyone.

I am new to this forum & nice to see a forum discussion on Hair loss and its treatment. I am also a victim of hairloss. I am 26 years old and I started loosing hair as early as 20 years of age. I think two main reasons for my hairloss are Genetic and Dandruff. Right now I do not have any dandruff but Im still loosing hair a lot. On top of my head my hair has become a lot thinner.

Now i am trying to get hair transplantation done. Can anyone suggest a good physician. I stay in Horsham, PA. Just in case if anyone is not familiar, its a suburb to philadelphia.

i am considering BOSLEY hair restoration as one of the options for my hair transplantation done.

Does anybody have an idea, how BOSLEY is, interms of quality and cost. I have scheduled an appointment with BOSLEY for consultation.

Hai Everyone.

I am new to this forum & nice to see a forum discussion on Hair loss and its treatment. I am also a victim of hairloss. I am 26 years old and I started loosing hair as early as 20 years of age. I think two main reasons for my hairloss are Genetic and Dandruff. Right now I do not have any dandruff but Im still loosing hair a lot. On top of my head my hair has become a lot thinner.

Now i am trying to get hair transplantation done. Can anyone suggest a good physician. I stay in Horsham, PA. Just in case if anyone is not familiar, its a suburb to philadelphia.

i am considering BOSLEY hair restoration as one of the options for my hair transplantation done.

Does anybody have an idea, how BOSLEY is, interms of quality and cost. I have scheduled an appointment with BOSLEY for consultation.

Chitchat:

Welcome to the forum--this is a great resource for someone like yourself...you'll find that most posters will steer you away from Bosley, MHR & most other "hair mills"...take the time to do some research & ask questions of the posters...the recommended docs on this site are excellent choices...after doing your research, schedule consultations with a few of the doctors who are in close proximity to the Philly area--keep in mind that many patients travel to all regions of the country to have a transplant...take your time & absorb the volumes of information that's available to you on the subject...there's a live forum chat each Tuesday evening at 10:00 pm--you'll find it very informative...take care!

chitchat,

As Mike said, stay away from the hair mills and do lots of research; also are you on propecia? Propecia will slow down/stabalize your hair loss; if you are not on propecia, I would try it a year before getting a HT; also dandruff does not generally cause hairloss; it does not provide optimal conditions for your scalp, but as a general rule it will not cause hair loss or accelerate MPB; do you have pics to share?; we could get a better idea of your situation;

Guest wanthairs

forget Bosley unless you want to have your scalp all fucked up and feel suicidal at the same time......

forget it...you are near NY, many great surgeomns there, Feller, Epstein, Rose, bernstein. they all have hundreds of good references and dont need to advertise....

Well, from what I can tell everyone bashes all Bosley and MHR locations, and frankly I don't think it's unfounded. However, there may be some locations with doctors who are quite skilled.

One of the rules of thumb that usually doesn't apply with doctors, does with Bosley and MHR, that being price. Their prices are typically much higher than those of the elite surgeons on this board. They do offer special deals, or in the sales pitch they'll cut you a break, because you're such a great guy, or they're running a special if you book your surgery today, etc.

Price shouldn't be the main focus, but if you can have filet mignon for as much or less than hamburger, I'm going with the filet.

Use the search function on this board, talk to people here, ask whatever you want, and in the end I think you'll see, that going with a coalition doctor is the way to go. It's certainly the route I'll be taking soon as I narrow it down a bit more. And while some folks here seem to talk poorly about Bosley and MHR, based on what they've heard, without any first hand experience, I had my first HT done at MHR. I didn't think it was a terrible experience, but now that I'm ready for a second, some of my concerns I had from the first, don't seem to be typical and I'd never go back to MHR or Bosley. There's no point, when there are so many gifted doctors who truly do great work. So, take a look around at the site, the guys photo albums and I think you'll agree. If not, well I certainly wish you luck at Bosley and keep us updated.

chitchat,

Welcome to our community.

You live in Horsham eh? That's about 20 minutes from my house! There are a few other locals I've ran onto here as well.

The members of our community have given you great advice so far.

Research and physician selection is vital to ensuring a quality hair transplant.

I recommend reading the following articles to begin your research:

What should I be considering when researching hair transplant surgery?

Am I too young for a hair transplant?

How do I choose a hair transplant doctor?

Hair Transplant: Doing it RIGHT the first time

Best wishes,

Bill

Two of the top doctors I believe are Dr. Epstein and Dr. Shapiro. They are consistently ranked as the top on this site. There are others but these are the two that come to mind as the best of the best from everything I've read. I think you should stay away from the hair mills.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts