What do I get a buzz cut with?

YoungGuy

LOL Younguy...no worries my friend. I suppose if one is used to wearing their hair longer, they never really used hair clippers. I just happen to own a pair...you can probably buy a decent pair for about $20 (US), maybe less...and do it yourself or have a friend do it - if that's your goal that is. I cut my own hair now and even blend into the top. Been sporting a 2 clip sides and back into a 3 or 4 clip on the top. I'll grow it longer once more results come forth, but in the meantime...keeping it short is nice...plus, don't have to pay for a haircut. I haven't paid for a haircut in over a year and a half icon_wink.gif

Bill

I'm with ya Bill, been cuttin' my own hair for probably the last 6-8 years or so..........ever since I got too bald to care as much. Now, I have to admit, since HT #2 I've let my hair grow out quite a bit and am thinking of going to a stylist for the first time in probably 15 years (when I did used to get a hair cut, I went to the barber and got just that, a "haircut").

Anyhow, back on thread......YoungGuy, yes, hair clippers. As Bill said, they come with differen #'d clips to put on the head, I believe a #4 is 1/2", #3 is 3/8..........my set will take it down to 1/8" or all the way up to 1". I believe some sets have up to a 2" clip. If you have a HT they just buzz it down with no clip!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

HAHA You Guys!!!!!!!!

We get so many HT questions we can't answer a hair clipper question?

Even when we used to buzz down during our "I'll just shave it off and rock the Mr. Clean look?"

LOL!!!!!!

Anyway, I have tried 6-7 different types of clippers, and ALL of them last about the same time (12-18 months) before the blades dull.

IMO, the best cost to value company is Conair.

I have purchased the 25 pc kit and the Infini Kit--- the kit for 39.99 is as good as anything I have purchased for more money.

Follow this link---- http://www.conair-store.com/product_list.asp?SKW=HAIRGROOMHAIR&HDR=GROOMING

to order online, or visit WalMart, K-Mart, Target, etc... and pick one up there.

Hope this answers your questions!!!!!!!

Fun Thread!!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.