Best doctor in Detroit area?

mistermike

Hi, I'm new to this board (registered tonight) but my hair loss isn't new... it's been thinning for the past 20 years (I'm 45 now). I've been thinking transplant for the past 2-3 years, and I'm finally ready to take the plunge.

My question: I live in the suburbs of Detroit. Can anyone recommend a good HT physician in the area? I've visited quite a few websites but it's hard to tell who's good and who isn't (I haven't read any negative testimonials yet!). From checking out this board I understand the importance of going to the best doctor possible.

Please let me know of any experience with the doctors in this area, and thanks in advance!

Mike

• Administrators

Mike,

I was just in Detroit a couple of weeks ago and spent the day watching Dr. Tessler and Dr. Aronovitz doing excellent state of the art follicular unit grafting.

In my opinion they are one of the best clinics in the US and certainly in Michigan.

Do yourself a favor and consult with them. You'll be in first class hands.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Hi Mike,

I happened to have a HT with Dr. Tessler near the end of July this year. The staff and Doctors are very professional. Right I am waiting on the final results. I post my month by month updates on the 29th of each month. I'll be posting my 3 month update pics next week. I have experienced from peach fuzz and it appears that small hairs are coming in, now i just want all of them to come out for a full effect. What I was told was that at 4 months they would start growing and 6 months you can really see a difference and from then on it'd only come in thicker. And, thats waht im hopngi and waiting for =) But, for sure, go and get a consultation with them and do not rush into any descision. Pat, will you be putting up an update of your visit to Dr. Tessler and Aronovitz. I see that their update has not been posted. I don't mean to rush, but I believe this will be very beneficial to those in the michigan area.

Pat - thank you very much for the information! This forum is great... so much information on all aspects of hair loss. Isn't the Internet great?

Billydett - although you're still waiting on the final results, it sounds like you're pleased with your experience with Dr. Tessler. Where do you post your pics at? Thanks!

I've made up my mind I'm going to call tomorrow and set up a consultation with Dr. Tessler. I'm a little anxious but I don't want to put it off any longer.