Dr. Ron Shapiro (SMG)

BobbyN

After a yearlong research and reading through this very helpful and educational forum (special gratitude to all the veteran members of this forum for their honest and sincere replies), finally I had my first HT on 07/14/05 through Dr. Ron Shapiro of Minneapolis.

In the morning of my HT, I was extremely nervous and dubious about the HT, but once I started meeting with the team, especially with Dr. Shapiro himself and Matt Zupen, I felt at ease and encouraging. As planned everything was pre-arranged. Everyone knew that I was coming. It took 6+ hours for my HT (1200+ Grafts, in particular hairline and front), but trust me it was an entirely PAINLESS & SMOOTH surgery, all the nurses (expressly Kelly, Jenna and all) were incredibly well-mannered and for all time ready to speak with me and answer my questions right through the surgery. Dr. RON SHAPIRO in fact, is an experienced one in this field, and with such well-mannered environment and qualified staff; they surely make a great team. I am so satisfy with the procedure and glad that I choose Shapiro Medical Group (SMG).

It has been almost a week since my HT, so far so great, all the swelling is vanishing and yet no pain (just minor). Lady named Jenna helped me to clearly understand all the post-HT steps. I was invited to shampoo my hair the next morning, she also hand over me all the emergency contact numbers, just in case.

I highly recommend SMG

Like other post-HT members, now the most important thing is to WAIT WAIT WAIT for final results!

Thank you all!

BobbyN

After a yearlong research and reading through this very helpful and educational forum (special gratitude to all the veteran members of this forum for their honest and sincere replies), finally I had my first HT on 07/14/05 through Dr. Ron Shapiro of Minneapolis.

In the morning of my HT, I was extremely nervous and dubious about the HT, but once I started meeting with the team, especially with Dr. Shapiro himself and Matt Zupen, I felt at ease and encouraging. As planned everything was pre-arranged. Everyone knew that I was coming. It took 6+ hours for my HT (1200+ Grafts, in particular hairline and front), but trust me it was an entirely PAINLESS & SMOOTH surgery, all the nurses (expressly Kelly, Jenna and all) were incredibly well-mannered and for all time ready to speak with me and answer my questions right through the surgery. Dr. RON SHAPIRO in fact, is an experienced one in this field, and with such well-mannered environment and qualified staff; they surely make a great team. I am so satisfy with the procedure and glad that I choose Shapiro Medical Group (SMG).

It has been almost a week since my HT, so far so great, all the swelling is vanishing and yet no pain (just minor). Lady named Jenna helped me to clearly understand all the post-HT steps. I was invited to shampoo my hair the next morning, she also hand over me all the emergency contact numbers, just in case.

I highly recommend SMG

Like other post-HT members, now the most important thing is to WAIT WAIT WAIT for final results!

Thank you all!

BobbyN

• 9 months later...

Hi BobbyN,

I am also thinking about getting HT done with SMG (although with Ron's brother Paul). In any case, when you did 1200+ grafts, how much area did that cover for you approximately in terms of sq cm? Thanks.

CSO

CSO- this post is almost a year old, chances are you will not get a response-- his last post was in Aug of 2005. Just a guess, but I would imagine no more than 40 cm/2 (probably less) which would give a hairline density of 30cm/2 with 1200 grafts. Remember, overall graft distribution is rarely even throughout, with some places transplanted with less density and other with more, to achieve a natural look. I hope this helps you out!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.