Can't choose right decision..Need Advices please

Hello there;

well first of all...many thanks to all those kind people who provide so interesting opinions, share their valuable experience..

As to me... i m one of the really strange case... i ve been HT few years ago in 300+ at 3 repetitive time (between 1997 to 2001) . 1st Ht was really not necessary; as i ve had some much hair at that time that it was quite hard to transplant...unfortunately there began the prob... once my frontal hair start to shade..then the hair transplanted behind this frontal line start to be noticeable and it toom 2 other HT to try to hide those HT.

However the thing is like this now : i d like to know if there is a possibility to make a one definitely last HT or is it a neverending story ?

Why some doctors need to shave down all the head (like Dr Hasson) and some other no ?

Is it possible that we take a strip from somewhere it was already taken in previous HT ?

Thanks for provind me answers and advices..as i ll try to start a webblog to show you my current state.

Thanks

Hello there;

well first of all...many thanks to all those kind people who provide so interesting opinions, share their valuable experience..

As to me... i m one of the really strange case... i ve been HT few years ago in 300+ at 3 repetitive time (between 1997 to 2001) . 1st Ht was really not necessary; as i ve had some much hair at that time that it was quite hard to transplant...unfortunately there began the prob... once my frontal hair start to shade..then the hair transplanted behind this frontal line start to be noticeable and it toom 2 other HT to try to hide those HT.

However the thing is like this now : i d like to know if there is a possibility to make a one definitely last HT or is it a neverending story ?

Why some doctors need to shave down all the head (like Dr Hasson) and some other no ?

Is it possible that we take a strip from somewhere it was already taken in previous HT ?

Thanks for provind me answers and advices..as i ll try to start a webblog to show you my current state.

Thanks

Hi harryben,

Sounds like you've literally been through the hair mill................3 prior HT's if I understand correctly?

As far as there being the possibility of one last HT that depends on many factors. How old are you and where are you at on the Norwood scale of balding? If you're still in your 20's or even 30's and a Norwood 3 or 4, you may still lose more hair and may need to have more HT work done later. Are you doing anything for loss prevention like taking Propecia or using Minoxidil? If not, you may want to consider them as they can help stave off future loss.

As for shaving down before the HT, if you'll use the "find" feature on this site you'll find several articles on the subject. In brief..........shaving down allows for dense packing, helps the HT Doc better see the original growth pattern of your hair so he can try to match it and helps avoid follicle transsection during surgery. I'm sure I've missed a few points so I encourage you to research the site for more information.

Yes, depending on the location of your previous strip, the new donor strip can be excised in the same place thus removing the old strip.

If you can post pics and provide a little more information (age, stage of loss) it will help.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hello Harryben,

For us to give you good advice we will need a little more info.

What is your current age and how would your current hairloss rate on the norwood scale?

Are you on Propecia and or minoxidil? Famiy hairloss history??

Did you recieve 300 grafts per session in 1997-2001? Were they Mini grafts or Micro grafts (around 4-10 hairs each graft)?

The one question I can answer is that if donor area allows, you can get another strip from where you had it taken before and end up with one scar instead of multiple. UNLESS during your previous smaller surgeries, they just took from one side and you need to harvest from the other side at this point.

Also, not all doctors require shaving but depending on your situation it may be advisable for the best result.

Good luck with your search for info, you have come to the right place.

NoBuzz

harryben,

welcome to the forums. 900 grafts in total (3X300) is certainly not a lot of grafts...and certainly if you are continuing to lose more hair, at that rate you'd never keep up with your hairloss. My friends above have asked some good questions above and I hope you'll answer them. That will help us better advise you on how to proceed from here.

Bill

Well guys,

Those answers sure suprised me.

I didn t think so many people will take time to try to help me choose the right decisions, and i thank you all for that.

Now coming back to questions :

I ll try to sum it up in the next few lines; however i need some more time to make a blog with picture...but i hope you will still be there once it s up.

Yes 3 HT in 5 years...more or less 300 hundreds graft each session...that s to say very few...why ? well because it was may be not really needed at that time... :-(

However, the "Not needed" became "Needed" urgently as the front line was shading then the grafts (from 3 to 4-5 hairs) were showing up in a not natural way :-(

I ve also some one hair graft that have transplanted on the sides but there are so few that i ve some "vacancy" space between them.

However up to know i m in the mid 30s, and i m not taking any kind of medecine.

I used to take minoxidil at the begining but didn t notice any change...except when i stopped..at that time i felt that i lost more hair :-( !

Now with the hair transplanted in the front and a little in the sides, it seems that it would be somewhere around 3 at Norwood.

I don't want to use medecine, as i don t want to feel the same i felt with minoxidil. (explained above)

The 3 different strip that have been taken from me are positionned on 3 different location and at different level.

One is on the lower left part, second more in the center middle part , and third would be more in right ear level part...each of them should not be over 4-5 inch long.

I ve seen some of the epicture on the site with strip that goes from one ear to another, it scared me !? and i ve also seen some strip taken not from the back but from the sides like above the ears ? can u comment on that ?

Fue and Fut, besides the cost that is higher on FUE, is there a real benefit by using FUE, when it is possible ?

Can we know how many graft of 1 hair, of 2 hairs etc we can have... I mean if one take a piece of 10 inch strip can he knows in advance that he will 500 hundred graft of one - 200 hundred of 2 etc... ? If not, then how can we say that we will be able to "fix" the front line with single hair folicule ?

One more thing dense packing...is this real ?

I mean, i will show you in the forecoming days, different shot from my frontline, and according to lights and other conditions with "my same head" one could think that i have Super density, but on other pic one could say also that i really need HT.

So how can we believe exactly what we see on pictures... ?

I m based in Europe, but i understand with the forum that top 10 are located whether in Canada whether in Central US...

If i have to go through a 1000 or more HT, and that i ll need another one later, it will cost me a lot... That s why i was asking if there could be some definitive HT that could cope with the future (a bit silly question , i know but who knows). I ll try to bring you pictures as soon as possible.

Again thanks a lot for your patience and understanding..

Hello Harry,

Yes, you are in good hands here, this could well be the very best community for our shared affliction.

- Please tell us your surgeon(s) name(s) It's very important to log here a record of all experiences, good and bad.

- Finasteride/Propecia daily or EOD is the first step to take, negative side effects are quite rare.

- Once we see your pictures we will be able to give you a much more precise evaluation.

- A good HT surgeon as per our list of recommended and Coalition Docs will determine the best location for your donor area taking into account your previous scars.

- FUE is great with a VERY highly skilled surgeon and if you can afford it.

- Once you agree with the surgeon on the number of FU to be extracted he will give you a breakdown of single hair FU and multiple hair FU.

- Single hair FU should be used mostly for the visible areas of the frontal hairline, temples, any good Doc knows this.

- Dense packing is totally real, within a realistic range of 40 to 60 FU/cm2

- You can get free online advice from us with your pictures AND free online consultations from our recommended Docs.

We are looking forward to seeing you pictures, remember, no flash if you can, it tends to project shadows and multiply the perception of density.