LASER LIGHT TREATMENT / COLD LASER THERAPY

Warning to all who live near or are thinking of doing LASER LIGHT TREATMENT/COLD LASER THERAPY. I started it in Feb 05, never saw any results.

Now the story - First off I heard the advertisement on the radio in San Diego. "regrow your own hair naturally", that should have kept me away but like many of hair loss suferers, I have been easily convinced. I went to the consult, the offic manager was wearing a pretty little lab coat icon_rolleyes.gif and telling me the procedure has been around for 15 years , started in Dallas and thousands have been able to regrow thier hair. I noticed the secretary and all the office staff were wearing scrubs(and talking about how drunk they got last night). The very unprofessionaly unmedical atmosphere should have been the proverbial smack in the face, but hey sticker shock from my MHR consult was still pretty fresh. I did call thier list of 20 "past patients" and all but one had great reviews! "oh my hair is growing back!", "it took two months to see results", "my bald spot is gone", one guy even answered the phone "Thighmaster, can I help you with your order". It had all the signs of a rip off, but I still wanted to try it. Anyway long story short - If you have heard of LASER LIGHT THERAPY/COLD LASER and are considering it , my opinion is - DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. If you want more info contact me! I met several people who were going through the treatment for more than 5-6-7 months and were still waiting for the great results!

By the way - I finally went for HT! icon_biggrin.gif

Shiny Side Up!!

Warning to all who live near or are thinking of doing LASER LIGHT TREATMENT/COLD LASER THERAPY. I started it in Feb 05, never saw any results.

Now the story - First off I heard the advertisement on the radio in San Diego. "regrow your own hair naturally", that should have kept me away but like many of hair loss suferers, I have been easily convinced. I went to the consult, the offic manager was wearing a pretty little lab coat icon_rolleyes.gif and telling me the procedure has been around for 15 years , started in Dallas and thousands have been able to regrow thier hair. I noticed the secretary and all the office staff were wearing scrubs(and talking about how drunk they got last night). The very unprofessionaly unmedical atmosphere should have been the proverbial smack in the face, but hey sticker shock from my MHR consult was still pretty fresh. I did call thier list of 20 "past patients" and all but one had great reviews! "oh my hair is growing back!", "it took two months to see results", "my bald spot is gone", one guy even answered the phone "Thighmaster, can I help you with your order". It had all the signs of a rip off, but I still wanted to try it. Anyway long story short - If you have heard of LASER LIGHT THERAPY/COLD LASER and are considering it , my opinion is - DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. If you want more info contact me! I met several people who were going through the treatment for more than 5-6-7 months and were still waiting for the great results!

By the way - I finally went for HT! icon_biggrin.gif

Shiny Side Up!!

I was shocked when the MHR guy told me $8000 for the HT he wanted to do. the same kind of sticker shock you get if you see an outrageous price for a car.

Shiny Side Up!!

tymman,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with treatments that are less-than-great as well as ones that work. It is important to hear about all aspects.

What did the "treatment" actually consist of? Was it the helmet-looking device that you stay under for a few minutes at a time? Was there any other "extras" as well?

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

You got it! icon_smile.gif! The helmet thing with the laser lights and mirrors. You can do 15 or 30 min sessions at a time and they don't recommend more than 45 minutes a week. They also gave me a year supply of "hair" vitamins, the DHT blocker blend has saw palmetto, niacin, biotin,beta-siosterol, soybean lecithin. Then there is the "natural" shampoo and conditioner which contains decyl glucoside, lauramidopropyl-(say that one 3times) betaine, propylene glycol-(I think that's the active ingredient in antifreeze), triethanolamine, cocamide DEA, acrylates/c10-30, iodopropynyl, butylcarbamate, just to name a few of the "natural" ingredients icon_confused.gif. And they gave me a year supply of Kirkland brand Minoxidil, icon_wink.gif that's the only part of the treatment I think will actually work. I called all of their references(past patients), only one of them had anything bad to say about it. They all said they saw results in the first two months. One guys says he went through it for over a year and nothing ever grew in his thining areas. The company makes a guarantee that they will refund half of the $4000 cost, to apply towards HT. The guy has been trying to get them to honor that but is getting the run around, they have rescheduled him for another six months treatment at their cost. They are also saying that they see significant results in growth on his crown, compared to the before photos they took. The guarantee is upon their assessment of the before and after photos! Maybe it could work for some people. I went for six months and never saw any new growth or noticed any thickening anywhere. What I have read about it says a few doctors do recommend it for healing after cosmectic surguery procedures. My doc says give a shot after four weeks of healing, since I payed for it already, he doesn't think it will hurt. The name of the company is Medical Hair Solutions/Advanced Hair Solutions.

Shiny Side Up!!

If you have paid for it already, then hey...what can it hurt if you cannot get your money back?

There is science behind low-level laser therapy, but I, personally, haven't seen anything that I can attest to being conclusive as far as results go.

Hair loss, like many things, is much of the time best attacked from multiple angles. This is why the Finasteride/Minoxidil/Nizoral 2% combo works so well for many. Laser light therapy may or may not do anything alone, but coupled with other medicinal treatments may certainly help.

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

AGREED!!It seems the more you fight with DHT/MPB from different angles, the the better the results are.

I did research Laser Lights a little before I commited to it. The best I could find was some theoretical documents (what it could benefit), and some reviews of testing for healing skin after cosmetic surgery. i saw some mention of testing to grow hair and the numbers were like 6 out of 80 grew new hair. 18 out of 80 saw more density/thickness. Even though the results were not great I still wanted to give it shot because I felt my consult with MHR was the end of my HT fantasy!!

I know there are more people out there that need to read this website, than the number of people I see posting and replying. To bad there's no billboard or commercial. But then I guess it would sorta undermine the concept of this forum.

Shiny Side Up!!

tymman,

I just reread the post and realized something. With your recent hair transplant procedure, what do you think is the possibility that this organization will lay claim that the growth of at least some of your grafts be attributed to their therapy?

icon_biggrin.gif

-Robert

I thought about that also!! When I filled out their patient forms, I stated that I did not want them to post my pictures at all, I did that because if I did have an HT (which I did), then I didn't want them saying that the Laser did it, and try to fool anyone. I suppose they might try to say that the laser helped all the transplanted hair to "regrow" but I don't plan to let them get away with it in any way! As for their "guarantee", I don't think They would have honored it anyway. I do feel it made my normal hair on the sides and back grow faster but not thicker and not more dense. I will however try to prevent them from using me in any way to sell the treatment by saying it was lasers that made it happen.

Shiny Side Up!!

Awesome, man.

For clarification, I am not saying that this organization's techniques do not work as an effective treatment for male-pattern baldness. I simply wish to stress research into all available treatments for hair loss sufferers.

Treatments that work for some may not work for others.

Best of luck, Tymman. You have chosen an excellent physician for your procedure and, from the looks of your photos, have absolutely fantastic hair characteristics for it, in my opinion. I have no doubt that you are going to be pleased with the results, lasers or no lasers. icon_smile.gif

-Robert

Thanks for the vote of confidence!!

If anyone reading this is considering this type of treatment - GET IN TOUCH WITH ME FIRST!! I wont just slam the company but I will tell you exactly what I have experienced. Like I said I do believe it helped grow my healthy hair quicker BUT NOT THE THINNING HAIR. And I was on Propecia and Minoxidil before and during the laser treatment. I do plan to continue but only to see if it will help the HT grow faster.

Shiny Side Up!!

• 2 years later...

Have you ever heard of the expression

If it looks like a duck

Walks like a duck

Most likely it is a Duck ..

I would be very hesitant to believe anything reagading this "treatment"

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!