scalp elasticity

am looking to go back to Dr. Alexander this coming July for a second procedure with him. Am very impressed with my results so far from my first HT with him. this will be my 4th HT overall, with one being a very small session. I have read some about about scalp elasticity and was wondering what this actuall means. After my HT with Alexander last year my scalp was tight for the first week or so afterwards but then it went away and have had no tightness since and as far as I can tell my scalp seems normal to me. maybe am just panicking but for some reason I get worried that he won't be able to do another HT because of tight skin. So am just looking for some support here, think I have nothing to worry about but reassurance that I will be good to go, still have a decent donor supply and this last Ht will be for the midscalp and crown area, the front 1/3 to 1/2 of my top looks great! just want added density to rest of top and to fill in small crown bald spot. any replies would be great!! thanks!

am looking to go back to Dr. Alexander this coming July for a second procedure with him. Am very impressed with my results so far from my first HT with him. this will be my 4th HT overall, with one being a very small session. I have read some about about scalp elasticity and was wondering what this actuall means. After my HT with Alexander last year my scalp was tight for the first week or so afterwards but then it went away and have had no tightness since and as far as I can tell my scalp seems normal to me. maybe am just panicking but for some reason I get worried that he won't be able to do another HT because of tight skin. So am just looking for some support here, think I have nothing to worry about but reassurance that I will be good to go, still have a decent donor supply and this last Ht will be for the midscalp and crown area, the front 1/3 to 1/2 of my top looks great! just want added density to rest of top and to fill in small crown bald spot. any replies would be great!! thanks!

My understanding of this (which is limited) relates to the laxity of the scalp which remains after the extraction of a strip of skin. Eventually, I believe, you will reach a point where it will limit the size of strip that can be taken out and brought together with minimal scarring.

Will you be able to consult before the procedure? If so, I'm sure the surgeon can give you a very good idea of what he can do. If you can't, it might be one of those "we'll get as many as we can" scenario's.

Others on this site will know more than I..........please chime in!

Hairbank

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Administrators

Tkerr22,

Congrats on your results. Do you have photos up?

Skin, as demonstrated by viewing a 400 lb person, is very elastic. But in my opinion its a good idea to allow at least 6 months between big strip procedures to allow the skin to relax as much as possible.

Best wishes for your second procedure.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Yes, I put pics up a couple of months ago hereunder 2500 with Dr. Alexander. Ya, my skin feels fine and had no tightness after a week so thanks for easing my mind icon_smile.gif. It will be just over a year when I get my next procedure in July so that should be plenty of time. Am meeting with him in March as well. thanks for the info!