Hair Transplants in Buenos Aires

clitterhouse

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with hair transplants in Buenos Aires. I've done a little research (not extensive) that seems to show the surgeons in Buenos Aires are among the best and the cost is significantly lower than in the US. I'd like to hear about others' experiences or if perhaps anyone would know how to go about researching particular doctors. I'd love to get a transplant done as inexpensively as possible, but would rather pay more if that's what it takes to get it done correctly.

Clitterhouse,

Welcome to the forums. I can't say I've had any experiences or heard of any physicians in the Buenos Aires South America area. Be extra careful. I'm not sure what research you've done, but many surgeons will tell you that they are the "best", but they have no basis to back up there claims. So I must ask...where have you done your research so far? Do you have any particular doctors in mind? Have you looked on this forum or others for that particular doctors name?

Basically, here are some things to consider the way I see it when looking for a doctor to do HT work:

1. Has anyone heard of this doctor or had any personal experience with this doctor?

2. Have you seen consistent positive results being met over time with this particular doctor?

3. Does the doctor use the latest technology as described here: http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content...ership-standards.asp

4. Have you compared this doctor to other well known top doctors to see if the recommendations are close? Always do a consult with at least 3 doctors and compare the advice given.

To be aware of all the above, it's important to research research and research some more. Be an educated patient and know how to ask the right questions when going in for a consult. Remember, and HT doctor is a surgeon, not a magician. Certain surgeons are better than others...and MANY use old and outdated technology and still claim they are the best in the world.

I think it's worth comparing any doctor you find to one of these doctors: http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content...s/our_physicians.asp and see what they recommend as well. These doctors have proven themselves over and over again to do quality work and produce excellent results over time.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Without getting too wordy, I am going to just reiterate what Bill has pointed out to you. Who is telling you that the sureons are some of the best in the world? From my knowledge I rather doubt it. It is a good thing that you are looking for info here online. Check out the sites that Bill had mentioned. DO NOT let price be the major factor in deciding where you go for a HT. There are still a lot of butchers out there that will definitely make you regret your decision. Take lots of time while doing your research and ask lots of questions. Good luck.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Let me clarify. I have heard that the plastic surgeons in Buenos Aires are good. This from my girlfriend who works in a plastic surgeon's office. I have not heard anything in particlar concerning hair transplants, though. That is where my concern lies. While the cosmetic surgeons are supposed to be among the best, I'd like to know if anyone has any experience as pertains to hair transplant in particluar.

clitterhouse,

Well you've come to the right place for research. I can't speak for plastic surgeons in general in Buenos Aires, but regarding Hair Transplant Surgeons, being around for a few years and researching, I have not heard of any great breakthrough hair transplant doctors from that location. That doesn't mean that there aren't good ones there...but I believe it's better to go for a sure thing than just take a surgeons word for it that they are the best. The best advertising for a clinic comes from patients who post their results DURING the process and still end up with phenominal results. It's one thing for a doctor to post their before/after pictures, the best of the best pictures, but to see consistent results that patients post over time is priceless. My advice...do some consults with doctors here: http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content...s/our_physicians.asp. Don't just take my word for it either...research several of these doctors and go to one that impresses you the most after seeing results from real patients. I hope this helps.

Bill

I will agree with Bill and NNelly, for example you frequently hear that the plastic surgeons in Brazil are the best.... These general statements really do not mean anything until we narrow it down to the specifics (the Dr. name, his specialty area, his track record, etc ...), there is only 1 or 2 (can't remember exactly) HT Doc from Brazil recommended on our HTN site and I am sure that Brazil has tons of surgeons who claim being the best at doing HT. The results will affect you for the rest of your lifetime so why take a chance when there is no reason to?

I am glad I posted this on here. I have had some great responses. I took a look at Dr. Tykocinski's info (the doctor from Brazil on this site) and he looks like an interesting possibility. What steps do people recommend taking for researching and possibly working with a doctor in another country? Unfortunately, money just simply is a large factor for me, and if I can find a good doctor in a place like South America where the exchange rate is very favorable I can save thousands of dollars. I am not willing to sacrifice a good result for those savings (which is why tomorrow I have a consultation with Dr. Harris, also on this site), but if I can find a way to get both savings and results that is of course optimal.

clitterhouse,

Research isn't easy. You take a (possibly major) risk by using a doctor that can't be found in the midst of your research. What you do is up to you...but I would start researching doctors that look like good candidates, but if you can't find ANY info on them OR negative info on them only, I'd stay away. This is a personal recommendation...just to minimize the risk factors. I understand price is an issue...after all HTs are expensive. However, even many of the top physicians in the world have very competitive prices ranging from $3.50 per graft to $5.00 per graft (approximately) and then further discounting to about $2.50 per graft after 2000 grafts. It appears that Dr. Feller (In NY) who is an excellent physician, his prices seem to be on the lower end. That's just FYI. That's my advice though. Since you admit you don't want to sacrifice quality for price...my advice is save your money and go to a physician that you have found to produce consisent positive results over time. the only way to do that too is view patient photos, follow patient progress (who just had surgery), and even meet some in person if possible. This all takes time. Don't be in a hurry.

Bill

• 1 month later...

Yeah i've done HT with Hair Recovery buenos aires.

They have been approved by world quality norms.

I had my ht 5 days ago. Got 4000 transplanted.

People say my scar won't be noticeable at all.

They treat you really well, you can see dvd movies with a plasma and home theatre.

There are many argentinian celebs who went to Hair Recovery: they look really good now.

4000 FU have costed me around 1500 dollars. Plus they say i must take finasteride which they sell for 23 dollars from a top quality lab.

As I said. They claim to be the only ISO 9001:2000 institute approved in the world.

They are also audited by Det Norske Veritas.

The directors seem to be recognized around the world and the usa. Their pictures are everywhere in the website, documents, and the clinic.

Is this a sales pitch?

Right now its Tykocinski and that is it...

I looked at Sebastions clinic--- they refer to "Dr's".... in our world that means "training ground" and many patients per day.

Clitterhouse, Dr. Harris is a great doc and I have read about Dr. Tykocinski's approach and his willingness to constantly update his technology. He is a good choice as well.

Good Luck!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

PRE OP SITUATION

==============

Non Balding with Low Density (due to previous balding by my early 20s)

Color & type: brown wavy.

Actual Hair Style: low density unnoticeable when dry and with hair spray. Just avoid wind and water.

Time to make hair style: 1 hour per day. Hair style architect icon_smile.gif .

OPERATION

=====

Follicular Microsurgery with cold chain (it helps Follicular Units to survive longer and increases the chance of healthy growth).

Institute: Hair Recovery Argentina (Multinational Enterprise) awarded around the world.

Quality Norms: ISO 9001/2000

Doctor: Hannibal Kawstyka (very easy going, simple and professional guy). He didn't want to lower the hair line because it wouldn't be natural.

POST OP SITUATION

=================

The same day: my front and face looked very wide.

Now, 5 days after: the scar is tight, but little pain only around the starting points of the incision.

Transplants: there seem to be some bubbles all around new implants. Color: red when dry, white when watered.

Previous Hair: looks really bad now. It has lost all the style. Must be due to not being able to comb it or being affected by new follicles. I don't know.

Later, I'll post the head pics when i get them.

• 11 months later...

I am interested in travelling to Argentina to the particular clinic you visited. How many grafts involved together with the price. I am travelling from Ireland so I need to be sure that the quality of their procedure is good. Thanks for any relevant info.

Best regards

Gleanndara

Bluntly put, don't go to a place that lacks transparency; in fact, don't go to a place unless they have great transparency. If you can't find multiple before, multiple immediate post-op, multiple grown out results, from session sizes of (approximately) which you will be going in for, you are rolling the dice. Be sure that the photos you look at are not deceiving, and that people you talk to are not shills -- a rather common phenomina. Maybe it will work out if you go to a place lacking the aforementioned, but if history is any indication, there is a good chance it won't.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• 3 years later...
PRE OP SITUATION

==============

Non Balding with Low Density (due to previous balding by my early 20s)

Color & type: brown wavy.

Actual Hair Style: low density unnoticeable when dry and with hair spray. Just avoid wind and water.

Time to make hair style: 1 hour per day. Hair style architect icon_smile.gif .

OPERATION

=====

Follicular Microsurgery with cold chain (it helps Follicular Units to survive longer and increases the chance of healthy growth).

Institute: Hair Recovery Argentina (Multinational Enterprise) awarded around the world.

Quality Norms: ISO 9001/2000

Doctor: Hannibal Kawstyka (very easy going, simple and professional guy). He didn't want to lower the hair line because it wouldn't be natural.

POST OP SITUATION

=================

The same day: my front and face looked very wide.

Now, 5 days after: the scar is tight, but little pain only around the starting points of the incision.

Transplants: there seem to be some bubbles all around new implants. Color: red when dry, white when watered.

Previous Hair: looks really bad now. It has lost all the style. Must be due to not being able to comb it or being affected by new follicles. I don't know.

Later, I'll post the head pics when i get them.

Hi Sebastian.

Some pics, please.