How can I tell If I got all 1,200 graphs

Greg Slomer

I just got 1,200 graph transplant 1 week ago. I started to count the graphs and it seemed the count was low, about 700. I call the center and they said that all of the graphs are not visable after surgery. I had a donor strip of 7cm or 1/4" inch by 11". Will all or most of the graphs scab? Would the graphs be visable 1 to 2 days post surgery? I took plenty of photos, I just want to know if I got a fair shake. Any feed back would be great. Thanks all. icon_confused.gif

I just got 1,200 graph transplant 1 week ago. I started to count the graphs and it seemed the count was low, about 700. I call the center and they said that all of the graphs are not visable after surgery. I had a donor strip of 7cm or 1/4" inch by 11". Will all or most of the graphs scab? Would the graphs be visable 1 to 2 days post surgery? I took plenty of photos, I just want to know if I got a fair shake. Any feed back would be great. Thanks all. icon_confused.gif

It is really hard to tell. You were smart to take photos.

Sounds like you aren't too confident in the count. Something the docs or staff must have said got you concerned. I'm wondering what that is.

Um, another way to think of it is that usually donor hair is of density 60-100 FUs/cm^2. I think my density was about 80 FUs/cm^2. Do the math on the strip size and figure it out.

Also, if they transplanted to a completely bald region, it takes 25-50 FUs/cm^2 to establish the "appearance" of hair. It takes about 40-60 FUs/cm^2 for a full appearance of hair.

How "full" does it look now considering the surface area you had to cover?

Hope this helps.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I always assumed that every graft would have a scab. I recently learned this isn't true. If you recently had your procedure, you might need a trained eye from a third party to inspect you.

In other words, you might not be able to tell, all by yourself. It might take another doctor to look you over.

Make sure your clinic is talking about 1200 grafts, and not just 1200 hairs.