Keys causes on non-growth of transplanted grafts

What might be the key causes of transplant grafts not to grow in the recepient area?

(Substance abuse, idiosyncrastic poor healing factors/abilities of a patient, etc.)

Have there ever been any recorded cases of rejection(on a large scale) of the transplanted grafts in the recepient area?

(Not considering the small percentage of transplanted grafts that die permanently after transplantation.)

take care...

What might be the key causes of transplant grafts not to grow in the recepient area?

(Substance abuse, idiosyncrastic poor healing factors/abilities of a patient, etc.)

Have there ever been any recorded cases of rejection(on a large scale) of the transplanted grafts in the recepient area?

(Not considering the small percentage of transplanted grafts that die permanently after transplantation.)

take care...

From my humble opinion

Messing around with the grafts under 14 days, rubbing scratching etc

After that they are supposed to sit tight

But to be on the safe side you'd need to wait for 1 Month before you treat your hair with less than perfect respect. I'm at Month 2.75 and wash and towl dry as I used to, I've stopped losing any grafts

It's very rare but some people do have extremely poor yield for reasons outside of personal neglect on either the patient's part or the clinic's.

Principally, though, I'd tend to think that "clinic neglect" is both more widespread and also more associated w/ the large scale SNAFU you're touching upon.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

"I've stopped losing any grafts"

Forgive if I am wrong, but I think you are referring to the hair shaft itself going into telogen when you said that you were losing grafts.

I am referring to the infant mortality of the grafts itself after they have been transplanted,(necrosis of tissue, rather than fusion of the graft to the recepient tissue) not the effluvium of hair.

take care...

mmhce,

There's the "X-Factor" and the "H-Factor".

The H-factor refers to poor growth issues related to human error. The most common cause of this type of poor growth issue relates to an improper handling of the grafts either during the dissection or planting process.

The X-factor refers to an unknown variable responsible for poor growth unrelated to human error. This "X" could be a number of reasons, but these cases are very rare, and usually the absolute cause is difficult if not impossible to pinpoint.

Improper postoperative care could also cause damage to the grafts and poor growth.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Bill,

1.Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the amount of grafts lost after surgery is usually less than 1%?

2.But how many cases have been recorded of large scale loss of transplanted grafts, if any?

3.And how much does this represent statistically in relation to the amount of sucessful hair transplant surgeries?

Thanks,take care...

take care...