Dra alba Reyes in Santo Domingo

Eric James

Hello Forum,

I have recently found this forum and am very satisfied with all the info that is posted here. I have recently had a surgery done in the Dominican Republic and would like to share my experiences. A friend of mine in New York referred me to Dra Alba Reyes in Santo Domingo, because according to him she was doing a great job overthere. I have informed and talked to their services Department extensively before making my decision, it is big thing and especially also going abroad to do the surgery. But they made me feel very comfortable and they have packages with hotel and all your transport included, so i did not have to arrange a thing.

Any way, my experience has been a very pleasant obe, the dr is very kind and professional and she works with the newest techniques. I had a surgery of 8 hours with over 3800 grafts implanted. It was a long sit but absolutely worth it. I feel great and am anxiously waiting the first results, the area looks great and i am noticing the first hairs starting to grow , but i know that i still need patience.....

It has been quite an experience and adventure but it turned out great. The clinic is very professional my stay was well arranged and the accommodation comfortable.

Dra Reyes is certified by the American Board so you know as customer that you are dealing with someone who is very experienced and passionate with her work. It is only too bad that she is not mentioned in the different forums, i hope that my post can change that. I have mentioned it as well to their Services Department and i hope they will present themselves here as well. They have nevertheless lots of international customers so they are definetly a clinic worth mentioning here.

Eric,

Welcome to our community.

I am not familiar with Dr. Alba Reyes in the Dominican Republic but I'm glad you feel that you've had a good experience with her.

Regarding recommendations for our hair restoration physicians, we only recommend those with a proven track record of consistent positive results. See our recommendation criteria by clicking here.

I must ask however, that if you are affiliated with this clinic in any way or are being compensated to post your experience/pictures that you disclose this information in your signature according to the rules listed in our terms of service.

I encourage you however, to share your photos with us by creating a hair loss weblog or adding photos to our "hair transplant patient photo albums" section of the forum.

Heal and grow well.

Best wishes,

Bill

Guest josh - b

Eric,

Thanks for the glowing endorsement of your doctor.

However, i think you'll find people here are very sceptical of such endorsements of unknown doctors.

If you can provide pictures of your experience then that would be of great help.

I googled her and found this on her website; maybe her website is outdated and she doesn't practice these methods; also from the website I got the impression that she does other skin related cosmetic procure:

"Micrografts are parts of the scalp that contain one or two follicular units. Mini grafts contain from three to eight capillary follicles. These small units of hair allow the creation of a natural appearance replacing the baby doll look, or the toothbrush look that has been thus far associated with hair transplant surgery. Dr Alba Reyes Sagiv places micro grafts of one to two hairs in small receptive incisions (.5mm), along the scalp, generally along the hairline to give a natural and attractive look. Mini grafts of three to five hairs are strategically placed to give more density and cover more surface area. With this technique, as well as the expertise of Dr. Alba Reyes Sagiv, a natural appearance is achieved."

• 6 months later...

Hello All,

This question is for Eric James. Have you posted the post-op pictures as yet? I am from the Caribbean and am seriously considering going to Dr. Alba Reyes Sagiv.

take care...

Sorry PLEASE GROW PLEASE, I'm not associated with thinman. But those who have went(Eric James and thin man) please post your pics and tell us how things turned out.

take care...

mmhce,

It is important to look at real results when evaluating any surgeon. The only pictures I've seen of a Dr. Alba Reyes patient is Thinman immediately postop. Though everything looks good, it's wise to look at fully grown out results when evaluating a surgeon.

Best wishes,

Bill

Eric,

You sound to much like a commercial bro! If you are truly happy then tell us, but dont go into the whole American Board certified mumbo jumbo, because frankly that doesnt mean a thing when it comes to HT's. Pic's and real patient reviews are what we want to see.

• 1 year later...

saktas,

Welcome to our community. If you are indeed a patient of Dr. Alba Rey's, by all means, feel free to share your experience and photos. However, we don't allow promotional links on our forum. Please read through our terms of service for more information.

After someone from Dr. Alba Reys clinic contacted us, Dr. Alba Reys has been invited to present examples of her work on this community. This was about a year ago. Unfortunately, they never took advantage of this opportunity. If you talk to anyone at their clinic, feel free to have them contact me if they're still interested in being considered for recommendation.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 1 year later...
Im also thinking of going,is she a good doctor? any pics? feel free to call me 616-970-5577 or email gus_5319@yahoo.com

This was my reply to another person who had asked me about Dr. Reyes.

"Your initial contact will be with Vanessa Bos. Don't worry! Both Vanessa and Dr . Reyes speak English.The manager of the clinic is Mr. Sagiv. He is the husband of Dr. Reyes Sagiv. He speaks English also.

Dr. Reyes is a Jewish doctor. It is also no secret that Israeli/Jewish surgeons are some of the best in the world. (This is my personal opinion and should not influence your decision, which should be based on sound medical advice and due diligent research)

She (Vanessa) is very helpful, but I believe that you should interface with the Dr. Reyes more, and ask the Dr. all the questions that you would like to ask her to satisfy yourself that you are making the right decision, if you do decide to do work with her.

Before you do any payments, ask if you can have a personal consultation with her and pay the consultation fee. (I did not. I do not regret my decision. This is just advice on being cautious and satisfying yourself).

You can ask her about the Coalition and the Hair Transplant Network, and ask her opinions and why she has not applied for membership etc.

Also ask if she does double layer deep suturing, which mitigates the stretching of donor scars? She uses staples which she believes gives a better scar, but the deep layer suturing is the real key.

These are some questions off the top of my head, and other technical questions too.

You should discuss your long term goals, and what options for hair restoration are good for you.

My experience was that, I did not plan together with the doctor my long term goals as to hair restoration, though I had perused the HTN for about a year before making the decision to have a HT. So I knew about how to plan my HT, even though I did not discuss my long term goals with Dr. Reyes.

What did surprise me a bit was that she wanted to put my hair line to a juvenille position, which I disagreed on and I personally drew in my own hair line (to a mature and not entirely symmetrical location; natural hairlines are not absolutely symmetrical). This may be irrelevant, since I always had a high hairline, even as a child, and perhaps she thought my hairline should be lower.

Bottom line: You have to know what you want, and understand you will NEVER be a teenager again.

If you live in the United States, you can visit many Coalition surgeons and garner more professional opinions. I live in the Caribbean and as such, traveling to Dominican Republic is more convenient.

You shouldn't choose a doctor based solely on location!

Please bear in mind there are X, Y factors, that influence hair regrowth and even with Coalition doctors, your results may not be what you had hoped for.

Personally, I have a bit of "tenting" of my transplanted hair, which I am not sure is the fault of the skill of the surgeon. It is not horrible. Just barely noticeable at a particular lighting angle at night. In daylight it is fine. I intend to deal with this when I do another procedure, (which I will not do with Dr. Reyes Sagiv, since I want to experience work from perhaps Dr. Shapiro or Dr. Lindsey)

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask me. "

Edited by mmhce

take care...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Freddy1888 were you able to find any other info about Dr Alba Reyes?

Or does anyone have any new info?

i am also interested in going, but want to make the right decision.

i was reading thru all the old post, were any pics posted?

thanks guys,

• 2 months later...

I made a deposit of US$900.00 to Alba Reyes in the Dominican Republic in June 2011. When it became evident that I should not and would not be able to keep my plans to travel there form the USA, they refused to refund any of it.

So they are $900.00 richer for doing zip for me. DON'T DEAL WITH ALBA REYES!

I made a deposit of US$900.00 to Alba Reyes in the Dominican Republic in June 2011. When it became evident that I should not and would not be able to keep my plans to travel there form the USA, they refused to refund any of it.

They usually let you know upfront that the deposit is non-refundable and is equivalent to your consultation fee. If you reschedule your consultation you should be fine (as I did.)

You should read your terms of reference, as with any other surgeon.

take care...

• 6 months later...
Hi guys,

Freddy1888 were you able to find any other info about Dr Alba Reyes?

Or does anyone have any new info?

i am also interested in going, but want to make the right decision.

i was reading thru all the old post, were any pics posted?

thanks guys,

she is not joined coalition as bad results hence no patient pics, look at ME , 2 transplants with nasty scar, supose be 2 mass transplants eg 5000 to 6000 grafts, ive seen another surgeon and been told i barely have 1800 gafts, ive tried contacting vanessa and after brief converation she ignores me and all i asked was amount of grafts i recieved, i only wish id een this site first before letting wrong person cut my head open because thats what your letting them do

think yourself very lucky mate i had 2 transplants with her and would gladly give up 7000.00 pounds to go back to how i was norwood 5/6 and carry on shaving my head, now im looking o repair with the best

This was my reply to another person who had asked me about Dr. Reyes.

"Your initial contact will be with Vanessa Bos. Don't worry! Both Vanessa and Dr . Reyes speak English.The manager of the clinic is Mr. Sagiv. He is the husband of Dr. Reyes Sagiv. He speaks English also.

Dr. Reyes is a Jewish doctor. It is also no secret that Israeli/Jewish surgeons are some of the best in the world. (This is my personal opinion and should not influence your decision, which should be based on sound medical advice and due diligent research)

She (Vanessa) is very helpful, but I believe that you should interface with the Dr. Reyes more, and ask the Dr. all the questions that you would like to ask her to satisfy yourself that you are making the right decision, if you do decide to do work with her.

Before you do any payments, ask if you can have a personal consultation with her and pay the consultation fee. (I did not. I do not regret my decision. This is just advice on being cautious and satisfying yourself).

You can ask her about the Coalition and the Hair Transplant Network, and ask her opinions and why she has not applied for membership etc.

Also ask if she does double layer deep suturing, which mitigates the stretching of donor scars? She uses staples which she believes gives a better scar, but the deep layer suturing is the real key.

These are some questions off the top of my head, and other technical questions too.

You should discuss your long term goals, and what options for hair restoration are good for you.

My experience was that, I did not plan together with the doctor my long term goals as to hair restoration, though I had perused the HTN for about a year before making the decision to have a HT. So I knew about how to plan my HT, even though I did not discuss my long term goals with Dr. Reyes.

What did surprise me a bit was that she wanted to put my hair line to a juvenille position, which I disagreed on and I personally drew in my own hair line (to a mature and not entirely symmetrical location; natural hairlines are not absolutely symmetrical). This may be irrelevant, since I always had a high hairline, even as a child, and perhaps she thought my hairline should be lower.

Bottom line: You have to know what you want, and understand you will NEVER be a teenager again.

If you live in the United States, you can visit many Coalition surgeons and garner more professional opinions. I live in the Caribbean and as such, traveling to Dominican Republic is more convenient.

You shouldn't choose a doctor based solely on location!

Please bear in mind there are X, Y factors, that influence hair regrowth and even with Coalition doctors, your results may not be what you had hoped for.

Personally, I have a bit of "tenting" of my transplanted hair, which I am not sure is the fault of the skill of the surgeon. It is not horrible. Just barely noticeable at a particular lighting angle at night. In daylight it is fine. I intend to deal with this when I do another procedure, (which I will not do with Dr. Reyes Sagiv, since I want to experience work from perhaps Dr. Shapiro or Dr. Lindsey)

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask me. "

whers your pictures? you must have only had your front hairline done? i was supose to have 2 mass transplants and only recieved 1800 and look at my nasty scar? these are my results, ive contacted vanessa abot how many grafts i had in total and she told me she told me NO SHE DIDNT and then carrys on to ignore me , HOWS YOUR SCAR? as they ruined my life cant shave head and still bald