Atlanta HT price

Hello all,

I've recently started thinking seriously about HT. I've been researching this forum and it seems like Dr. Griffin is the best doctor in the Atlanta area. Before I go in for a consultation, I'm just curious what others here who have used Dr. Griffin paid per graft. Also, has anyone tried 'negotiating' a better price, or is that sort of practice frowned upon?

Also, I've been hearing a lot in other HT forums about a Dr. Cole (in Atlanta) as being a top doctor, but I see very little about him here in this forum. Anyone have their 2 cents about Dr. Cole?

Thanks

Guest wanthairs

gary....

spend a bit more time researching doctors and be prepared to include a bit of travel rather than going for someone unknown just because this is convenient.

There are very very few doctors capable of doing a good job out there.

Also i would not really negotiate a price with them either for obvious reasons, although some will give a travel discount....

if possible try and post some pics of your scalp here and get the opinion of a bunch of different guys here, who have gone through this all already....

good luck !

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by GaryinGA:

Also, I've been hearing a lot in other HT forums about a Dr. Cole (in Atlanta) as being a top doctor, but I see very little about him here in this forum. Anyone have their 2 cents about Dr. Cole?

Thanks

Dr. Cole performs all procedures in Atlanta. He performs different techniques and uses the best technique for each patient depending on their needs, goals or donor supplies. He does FIT, BHT, STRIP, and repair cases in his daily procedures. [Promotional link to Dr. Cole's website removed]

• Administrators

GaryinGA,

I agree with your assessment that Dr. Griffin is the best choice in Atlanta in terms of both consistent results, value and ethics.

In my opinion, based on patient feedback, information from people who have worked within clinics and input from physicians - I could not in good faith recommend another physician in the Atlanta area.

I have visited Dr. Griffin's office to observe his surgery on two occasions and was highly impressed. During my first visit to Dr. Griffin's office over four years ago his work even then was ultra refined and way ahead of 95% of his profession.

To see the highlights from my last visit, click here .

Dr. Griffin does not blow his horn or beat his chest online or have his staff or patients do so for him on the forums. He focuses on quietly doing outstanding work without hype and stays very busy. He and his staff are truly gems in the rough.

I do not know Dr. Griffin's current prices. But I know that in the past they were very modest - like him.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Hi Gary. I am very familiar with Dr. Griffin's work. It is excellent. My advice is to sit down with several Doctors and then trust your gut. I personally do not consider the cost the most important issue, when it comes to my health and well being. Cheap does not mean good, and expensive does not guarantee quality. Trust your gut. You don't have to travel to NY,FL,CA etc., to get a natural looking HT. Why not sit down with both guys in Atlanta? All it cost you is time.

I work For Dr. Edmond I. Griffin, Atlanta, GA. Over 19 years experience in Hair Restoration.

Dr. Griffin is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hi all,

Just so you know I *am* getting these messages and appreciate the feedback. I had a consult with both Dr. Griffin and Dr. Cole and was extremely impressed with both doctors. I had a hard time deciding between the two, but in the end I decided to go with Dr. Cole's FIT procedure. My age (26) had the biggest factor in that I didn't want a scar if I could help it.

I had a shaven FIT procedure in early October and I couldn't praise Dr. Cole's work enough. He even threw in a few hundred grafts for free since he said he had the extra time icon_smile.gif That just showed me Dr. Cole really cares about his patients and not just his "bottom line"

Gary,

I'm glad to see that you are getting these messages.

I encourage you to create a hair loss weblog to share your experience and your before, immediately post op, and progressive monthly photos.

For instructions on how to create a hair loss weblog and link it back to your forum signature, click here.

Bill

Quote by graftacular:

"Hi Gary. I am very familiar with Dr. Griffin's work. It is excellent... "

Graftacular,

You should be familiar with the work since you work for the clinic.

March 7th, 2006, posted by Graftacular...

"Hi Ken! This is Jeff with Dr. Griffin's Office. Hope you are doing well. If you are ever willing to share images of your surgery with us to other forum members, I can submit pictures that do not show your face. Only at Your request. Thanks for taking the time to correspond on the forum."

Link to quote: Graftacular Post

Jeff, you really should insert a signature into your profile that identifies your affiliation with the clinic. It is required and is fair.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Administrators

As stated clearly in our forum "terms of Service" all poster agree to in joining all those associated with a clinic must divulge this.

All posters promoting or advocating a particular physician, procedure or treatment on this forum are required to divulge any compensation, monetary or otherwise, that they may be receiving in their posting signature. No links or references to websites or resources of a promotional nature are permitted on this educational forum.

Gary,

If you just had FUE surgery this October it's far too early to know if your growth will match what you've been promised. I've seen all too many promised the moon with FUE/FIT and posting only their initial results with no follow up. I know one patient who spent $50,000 on such procedures only to be very disappointed with both his results and eventually how his physician treated him when he was prepared to go online and complain.

Feel free to share your results if you are prepared to also document your final results.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Sorry. As you can see by my number of posts, I am not very experienced with the Forum. No excuses, or any thing to hide. I hope I added the signature correctly. I don't have as much time to chat, as I would like due to surgery. I think a suggestion to visit both Doctors is reasonable. I am glad you are happy with your result!

I work For Dr. Edmond I. Griffin, Atlanta, GA. Over 19 years experience in Hair Restoration.

Dr. Griffin is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians