Holy Cow! It's actually growing!!!

Although I knew all along that things would happen, it is nice to actually see and feel my frontal scalp densify. I'm at day 104 post-HT, and am very pleased with the hair's sudden resurgence.

At day 90 I was a little down because I could see and feel the early bloomers, but could not see anything noticeable in the mirror except shock loss. Then, about a week ago, I woke up, touched the top of my head and looked in the mirror and did a double-take. It was like "Damn! Is that me?"

If it wasn't for this site and finding the right doctor, I don't know where I'd be today. For all of those guys who are at days 90-100, be ready for a surprise within the next couple weeks. icon_biggrin.gif

Although I knew all along that things would happen, it is nice to actually see and feel my frontal scalp densify. I'm at day 104 post-HT, and am very pleased with the hair's sudden resurgence.

At day 90 I was a little down because I could see and feel the early bloomers, but could not see anything noticeable in the mirror except shock loss. Then, about a week ago, I woke up, touched the top of my head and looked in the mirror and did a double-take. It was like "Damn! Is that me?"

If it wasn't for this site and finding the right doctor, I don't know where I'd be today. For all of those guys who are at days 90-100, be ready for a surprise within the next couple weeks. icon_biggrin.gif

• Administrators

Packers Fan,

Congratulations on becoming a "thickening male". The fun of seeing more and more hair every day will help reverse the trauma of lossing hair year after year.

It would be ideal if a patient could forget they had surgery and then be miraculously surprised when 3 to 4 months later they see their hair growing. As they say, "waiting is the hardest part".

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Hey Packers!

Hey it's great to hear that things are progressing well for you!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks for all of the encouragement. It's kind of funny, my hair loss correlated very well with Favre's interception numbers the past few seasons. I had a ton of thick, curly hair during the golden years of '96 and '97.

Now, that it's coming back, maybe Favre has another Superbowl in him. icon_biggrin.gif

Haha,

It's funny because I always come across the title of this thread and think to myself, "Well what did he expect?"

Keep us updated and happy growing, Packers!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hi All

I just hit 4 months and seeing more results as well everyday. I know in about 3 months it will be even better.. They say 8-12 months for max results huh?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Mrjb, you're about right where I am right now...day 115 today...Are we really that obsessive about our hair? It's like every guy on here knows exactly how many days,hours, and minutes since his donor strip was taken. icon_wink.gif

I paid a lot, damn right I'm obsessed icon_smile.gif It's like a 2nd car

It is nice to see my hair growing and the reverse process!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Which Dr. did you use for your HT?

I am very happy for you. I am looking for a great HT Doc. I live in NYC. I know we have many good ones here, but how does one decide who is best for me. I am 40, losing hair since 20 yrs old. I would say I am a Norwood 3, with patches of balding spots in the front & crown only. I still have all the hair in the back. Please reply!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I went to Dr True

It was a good choice for me

J

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hey Packersfan, Are you in Wisconsin? I grew up in Wisconsin and I am also a big Packer fan. Can you tell us the name and location of you HT doctor? Thanks, Patrick

Originally posted by Packers Fan:

I'm just 1 month post HT and am DYING to see my results. I am naturally an impatient person so this is a killer. Fortunately I've seen no shock loss but I did buzz my head a week ago and it seeing myself with such short hair after shedding the implant hairs makes me realize just how thinning I was. I cannot wait for results. The 4 month mark will be before the holidays so maybe the hair gods will give me growth for christmas.

Originally posted by KenEastCoast:

I'm just 1 month post HT and am DYING to see my results. I am naturally an impatient person so this is a killer. Fortunately I've seen no shock loss but I did buzz my head a week ago and it seeing myself with such short hair after shedding the implant hairs makes me realize just how thinning I was. I cannot wait for results. The 4 month mark will be before the holidays so maybe the hair gods will give me growth for christmas.

Ken,

Now is the time to be patient, my man. icon_cool.gif There is no doubt that the 1 to 3 month period can be absolutely excruciating. Everybody sprouts in their own time so try not to be disappointed if you don't witness an "explosion" of growth. If you are already a user of minoxidil, you may want to try applying it to the recipient area. It can actually stimulate the follicles and *may* promote *some* early growth.

Good luck and happy growing!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 2 weeks later...

hi

almost at 6 months and I am sooo satisfied with my results. I actually have bangs which I can spike up! Now I only use a little cover up. Currently , I use Nizoral ans propecia as well. Can't wait until 1 year and see full results. I wonder what % of results I've obtained thus far?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Mrjb,

I was thinking the same thing about my hair. I am 5.5 months, and can actually require hair gel (not Ben Stiller's kind) to hold up my bangs.

It is encouraging for me to keep taking photos and watching the growth slowly progress. FYI, my doctor was Dr. Jerry Cooley in Charlotte. He does great work!

At about 6 months, I think we should be at about 50% of full effect. I had 2000 grafts done in the forelock and temples, so I am expecting reasonable density once the hair matures. I was not bald on top, just overall thin before surgery.

I'm glad to hear your progressing well. 5.5 months is just getting started judging by my experience. By the way, I got Monday Night Football tickets to watch Green Bay at Carolina Panthers 9th row behind the Packers bench! I believe the Packers will have a good year!

Another diehard Packer fan here too and transplant veteran. In the Wisconsin area, the best doctor is Dr. Christopher Gencheff of the Madison Hair transplant Clinic in Madison, WI. I've had 3 transplants so far and his work is amazing! I was a Norwood 6 wearing a hair system and soon to be losing the system soon after this latest grows in. Day 93 and counting post op.Go Packers!