need your opinion

hi everyone! This is my first post. I had HT 3 yrs ago and was not happy with my result. I was a big mistake. I need your thoughts and opinion on how I can correct this. I have piting and cobblestoning. Also had an online consult with Dr. Rahal in Ottawa. He suggested 2500-3000 grafts. Thanks in advance.

forup5.jpg.adde4c57933f74fd7d854e77429f976b.jpg

hi everyone! This is my first post. I had HT 3 yrs ago and was not happy with my result. I was a big mistake. I need your thoughts and opinion on how I can correct this. I have piting and cobblestoning. Also had an online consult with Dr. Rahal in Ottawa. He suggested 2500-3000 grafts. Thanks in advance.

Mabuhay,

Welcome to the forums. I would agree with Dr. Rahal's assessment. I think 2500-3000 grafts would make a big difference and when transplanted strategically, will create a much more natural look and get rid of the pluggy appearance. Dr. Rahal is a fine doctor from what I've seen. If you need anymore specific advice, don't hesitiate to ask.

Bill

thanks, I forgot to tell you that I'm 43 yrs old. I was really depressed when I saw my final result and went into hiding for awhile. Now I think I'm ready to confront the biggest mistake of my life. I know I should have researched first, but its done. I just have to be more careful this time around. I'm glad I found this place. thank you so much

Mabuhay,

I too had made a similar mistake like yourself albeit 16 yrs ago when technology wasn't quite what it is now. It is surprising that you had a recent HT with such results, but unfortunately there are still doctors using outdated technology. If you feel inclined maybe you could give a little more detail about previous HT such as where it was done, how many follicular units, etc, so as to help shed light on a few things. Also, if you could possibly attach a few more photos from other angles and include the back of your head (donor area) so that we can assess things more thoroughly.

Judging from the current photos I also would agree with Bill that the number of FU that Dr. Rahal is proposing should be adequate to give you a very natural look and help to camouflage a previously bad hairline. You are fortunate that it doesn't look like the previous doc screwed up and went too low with the hairline so this will make it easier for next surgeon. You need to figure out what your long term goals are for your hair (as you will tend to lose a little more) and then I would also suggest having a couple of other consults with coalition doctors. Don't worry about things as in the right hands this should work out fine for you. Hope this helps.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Guest Cousin_It

Glad you came to this forum looking for advice on your next transplant. The members here will really try to point you in the right direction.

From reviewing prior experiences posted for Dr. Rahal it appears he is a competant surgeon and more than likely his assesment is correct, but I would advise you to obtain additional evalutions from other Coalition doctors, even if they are not ideally located to you. Repair procedures can be more demanding than the normal transplant. Certain constraints have been placed by your first HT. Not all "good doctors" are equal, therefore you must be very critical in choosing your next doctor based on his ability in "repair surgery"

I strongley advise you, as I have stated, to not limit yourself to a doctor in your proximity. Two bad transplants do not equal one good transplant. Be careful, research and ask questions before making the commitment.

Thanks for the extra pics. Ofcourse we all have different expectations when we elect to have cosmetic surgery but from viewing your photos I wouldn't consider this to be a bad result. I understand that photos won't show everything and from what you say there is cobblestoning so I would agree that is not acceptable. Either way, I will stand by my previous post that you will be a good candidate for a future HT to help out the hairline. You may however not get a strong hairline and need to elect to have a soft and subtle hairline which might look more natural for you in the future. I say this because I question how much donor hair you will have to work with and I think that it would blend better with the sides. Ofcourse looking at photos is not the best source to make this determination (do you have gel in hair-giving thin appearance?) so it is best to consult with a coalition doc.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

ya, i did have gel thats why it looks a little thin but my hair caliber is pretty thick, the density is average (oriental hair) I suppose its a plus. I don't need to get a thick hairline but i don't like the see through look. As far as choosing Dr's, I'm leaning towards Dr. Rahal. I like his hairline designs with conservative approach. He seems to get good results with less grafts. Keep the comments and suggestions coming. I really need it. thanks

Guest Cousin_It

The ultimate choice is yours, if you feel comfortable using Dr. Rahal, then do it. I just feel that getting the opinion of other competant doctors would be to your advantage. Best of luck in your decision.

From all of the research that I have done, I would agree that Dr. Rahal is an excellent physician and I always think that the younger docs may have a better sense for the young guys hairline. I do agree with cousin it that you have to at least do a consult with a couple of other docs.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I already did with Dr. Rahal, Dr. Armani and with Dr.H&W as we speak and a few more in mind. The thing is, I don't like the hairline designs of alot of clinics except the ones I mentioned. I want a more youthful hairline ie closed temple points and good enough density which my last procedure did not accomplish. All the other ones only want to do low volumes in the 800-1000 range. Do you think I can be done in one procedure with 2500-3000 grafts? I don't want to go through another procedure after this.

Yes you should be able to do it all in one procedure with HW or Rahal. I would avoid Armani since he is not a recommended doc on this site primarily for doing very dense packing of the hairline area on young men with what seems like no regard for possible future hairloss. Remember, there is always the chance for future hairloss so plan for this with the next HT. We all want to limit the number of proecedures that we have to have but unfortunately sometimes mother natures alters these plans. Good luck.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90