Donor Scar

Hi Fox

Well, at 6 months my scar is about 80% healed and undetectble.. I think it is about 3-4 months before you feel normal ..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 3 years later...

Just wanted to get more opinions on this question. I'm 12 days post-op so easily feel my scar. I just want to know if there is anything I can do to flatten it or does this happen naturally over time. I've heard of people mentioning here what happens if a woman feels their scar. How to explain. So, I'm wondering what is the likeliness of it to flatten if it can be felt by people. I'm considering micropigmentation if I ever needed it down the line but this would be pointless if the scar stands up.

Hey logo, no offense man but if you're in a situation where a chick has her hands on your head and she's curious about a possible scar on the back of your head - you might be doing something wrong if you "catch my drift".

I'm eight days out and feeling around on my scar as I typed this up. Even though the doc said 6-12 months for the scar to mature, I wouldn't be worried about it if I'm in that situation tonight. Just don't see it happening

Dr Arocha

3626 FU's

H1: 508

H2: 1741

H3: 1377

My Hairloss Website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2127

well those situations were just the examples people gave of other people feeling it. I just mean I don't want anyone to feel it in general. Doesn't have to necessarily be such a moment with a woman! Can be a friend in the pub mucking about and just patting my head (as rare as this is). I don't want to have to be paranoid about them feeling a ridge. The less give away signs and need for explaining the better.

logo,

I know exactly how you feel. The scar from my first HT (14 years ago) was raised, and that always bothered me.

I had a second HT just over 2 weeks ago, and the doctor removed the old scar when taking the strip.

I told him that I was concerned that this scar may become raised as well, and he recommended that I come back in another month or so, as opposed to the usual 4 month follow-up.

Some people scar this way. This may be temporary in your case, but I would recommend discussing this with your surgeon, or visit a local dermatologist or plastic surgeon to have a look (if your HT doc is not local).

Dont worry about it. A month after mi HT I had a ridge, but now almost 4 and a half months later, the ridge dissapeared and the scar is blending with the rest of the scalp returning to its original scalp color and appearance.

Im not sure if this is the norm for everyone having an HT....

I'd say mine took about 6 months to flatten out after each of my hair transplants. But, even when it was just slightly raised, I'm confident that it would not have been immediately noticeable to the touch.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Can i add a quick question related to this topic? Does anyone have any believable stories about the scar? Personally, well I don't know, I just worked hard on keeping this a secret so it's day 12 for me too and well I plan on lying about it. I just don't want to get caught, the issue is that it's a pretty clear and defined incision. So a cool story about how I was on vacation and got hurt would that cut it? I know honesty is the best policy, but well I'm usually the guy who tells ppl that I'm all personality, mr. not materialistic. But this has plagued me for 10 years and I never got over it, so well I did it. I just well don't want to get flak about it. So I want to lie, because I never wear baseball hats or fedoras or bandanas and now i'm doing all those things and having fun with it. But I'm stir crazy and have been actively avoiding my friends (they still think I'm on vacation) and the weekend is fast approaching and I'll be at day 15 by then.

Any advice on lying (sounds bad I know)