propecia...it's 4 months

Hi, i have a question for you guys who have been on Propecia for a significant time...I have been on propecia for about 4 months now...hairs have been grown on the crown...however, they are thin and quite colorless...would these hair improve their thickness and color if I continue...i mean i have used rogine before and i was disappointed witht he result because those hair would fall out before they reach a reasonable thickness and length...and now I don't want to be too optimistic on propecia. I mean would propecia thicken the hairs on my crown...many poeple claim it will. Also, my hairs on crown look significantly less when I am under bright lights like ones in a restroom, would propecia improve all that if I continue with it...i mean, there are many hairs that have grown out since I been taken propecia for 4 months now...they are just too thin for my satisfication. Thank you.

Hi, i have a question for you guys who have been on Propecia for a significant time...I have been on propecia for about 4 months now...hairs have been grown on the crown...however, they are thin and quite colorless...would these hair improve their thickness and color if I continue...i mean i have used rogine before and i was disappointed witht he result because those hair would fall out before they reach a reasonable thickness and length...and now I don't want to be too optimistic on propecia. I mean would propecia thicken the hairs on my crown...many poeple claim it will. Also, my hairs on crown look significantly less when I am under bright lights like ones in a restroom, would propecia improve all that if I continue with it...i mean, there are many hairs that have grown out since I been taken propecia for 4 months now...they are just too thin for my satisfication. Thank you.

Mav,

I don't think there is any way to tell for sure but the fact that you are responding at all would seem to indicate that it will continue to improve. I've been taking Propecia for more than 5 years. I had a bald spot a bit bigger than a golfball in my crown at the time. In those 5 years it has filled in that spot and my hair loss in the crown has stopped. I didn't take pictures and the regrowth was gradual enough I didn't even notice it to be honest. Obviously the doctor that prescribed it can speak best but most people recommend you give it a year to see how it is working for you.

Dart

Maverick:

I've had subtle improvement from Proscar and longer hair. There is just less thinness there than there was. Some hairs regrew, but not to 100% original density everywhere.

I don't burn on my crown any more with hair at #4. That's a good sign. I posted comparison picts on another thread.

Good luck. I'd stick with it at this point if I were you.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

-- If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

-- The truth only matters if you know about it.