diffuse patterned alopecia

Can anyone tell me about the condition of diffuse patterned alopecia? I was diagnosed with a quite progressed case of this with a treatment suggestion of 2000 FU throughout the vertex, top and front of my scalp. Any info is appreciated!!

Can anyone tell me about the condition of diffuse patterned alopecia? I was diagnosed with a quite progressed case of this with a treatment suggestion of 2000 FU throughout the vertex, top and front of my scalp. Any info is appreciated!!

You need to be cautious, the surgery could cause shock fallout. There is a chance that the surgery will eventually leave you with LESS hair than you have now. Any hairs considered "at risk" could be lost forever, after the surgery. Do some research on the term "shock fallout". Ask your clinic if it is an issue, in your case. If they assure you that it isn't, ask for that to be put into writing, before your surgery.

Also, 2000 grafts is just the beginning. You will almost certainly need 3 to 4 times that amount, as your hair loss progresses. 2000 grafts is a drop in the bucket, when spread over a large area like you have.

I assume you have been using Propecia, to stop your hair loss from progressing any further? If not, you should be using it ASAP.

I was diagnosed with diffused thinning alopecia.I had already gone through a transplant I am 40 years old and have been on propecia for a year.The tansplant went well and Arfy is right you have to be very careful of the shockloss you will have.Here is the plan I came up with after consulting with Dr.Woods in person.With this type of thinning he will shave down the area that he will transplant.(I know not that conveinent but in the long run it will benefit)this will give him with the high powered magnification the best possible result wito transplant within exsisting hair.Also once the transplanted hair grows in along with the other hair this will give the better illusion of density without as many grafts say on a totally bald person.So I agree with Arfy that you must halt furter progression with Propecia and I am confindent after years of research and meeting people that had the procedure done I will have a fine result.I think Woods FUE is the future of transplants and gives guys with this type of hairloss a great option.I would not go to traditional strip with this kind of hairloss after finding out about this technique.Also you might want to speak to Dr.Jones in Toronto I also spoke to him about my case.Best of luck and please do your homework.