best shampoo

Hi. Could anybody suggest the best shampoos out there? I had used Nioxin before, and it's expensive and am wondering if it's worth it. Also, my dandruff is pretty bad, and heard that Nizoral is a good shampoo. Thanks for your help. I appreciate all replies.

Hi. Could anybody suggest the best shampoos out there? I had used Nioxin before, and it's expensive and am wondering if it's worth it. Also, my dandruff is pretty bad, and heard that Nizoral is a good shampoo. Thanks for your help. I appreciate all replies.

I use Aussie Real Volume Shampoo. It isn't expensive, but it definitely thickens my hair. I really like it.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I use Nioxin daily with the scalp cleanser and the nutrient application after drying. It took about 3 months and I started noticing a positive difference. I also use the shampoo you are thinking about for dandruf and it works great, I use the 1% about once a week for control, but you might want to get the 2% strength that many on the site use. Good luck.

Smoothy,

by +ve diff, do you mean increase in the health of hair density or reduced hair loss?? Is there any shampoo thats most of the guys in this forum think is helping reduce the hair loss ??

I use head & shoulders and like it because it keeps my hair very clean.. also how many times a week is the recommended use of Niocin or any other shampoos you guys are using ?

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

• 3 years later...

many people have experienced hair loss as a result of using head and shoulders shampoo... i'm 16 and me and my mom both have experienced hair loss by using head and shoulders, but we kept on using it because it was great at keeping dandruff at bay, and we thought my mom was just balding due to aging, and i was losing hair because of malnutrition.

google "head and shoulders, hair loss" and trust me you will find quite a few people saying they also experienced hair loss, although there doesnt seem to be any medical explanation. My hair (shoulder length) have been falling out in huge handfuls daily, everytimei brush my hair, and whenever i wash it. Plus i deposit random hair strands everywhere i go, in school and at home. My mom had used it for a year or so while experiencing the same hair loss, and we both just thought it was due to aging. But we've both stopped using it, and her hair loss has stopped, and ive been losing less hair.

here's the link to where i found out that i wasnt the only one experiencing hair loss cuz of head and shouldrs

http://www.baldingblog.com/2005/12/14/head-shoulders-shampoo/