Good FUE Doctors???

Confused

Hello, I was wondering who some good/great doctors for fue are. I have done a lot of research online, but peoples opinions are often more helpful. Price and geographic location are not issues, I just want a quality procedure. Also, please take this opportunity to voice negative opinions about doctors and their FUE procedures...Thank You

Hello, I was wondering who some good/great doctors for fue are. I have done a lot of research online, but peoples opinions are often more helpful. Price and geographic location are not issues, I just want a quality procedure. Also, please take this opportunity to voice negative opinions about doctors and their FUE procedures...Thank You

specs...i dont now if you examined it (because its in a difficult place to examine), but what is the scarring like in the donor area, or in other words, how much do the holes from the punch shrink during the healing process.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, i was wondering that with the new tricho technique for closing the donor area, is there really an overwhelming argument in favor of spending 3 or 4 times more money to go for FUE as opposed to strip? I would love some input from guys who have seen some results from both.

Thanks

Paris,

One has nothing to do with the other. Tricho is not the panacea it is being made out to be. Yes, it is an improvement, but it is not scarless surgery. Tricho will minimize a scar's appearance IF, and only IF the scar is about 1-3mm. If the scar stretches beyond this, then tricho is uselss. That said, tricho should be performed on ALL strip patients to improve the chance of an undetectable scar.

If you need more than 400 or so grafts, then you should go for a strip and not FUE.

Dr Feller

Paris,

This question has been debated over and over. I believe this is one of those things that purely comes down to personal preference.

IMO.....Trichophytic closure, while not scarless in most cases, makes the donor scar very difficult to detect in most HT cases. From what I've seen (and experienced so far since it was used during my 2nd HT), the results are very, very good. I expect to be able to confidently clip down to #2 guard (maybe #1) without detection. I think I could right now but I'm trying to let the hair grow a little after a recent HT. There have been a few results posted with Tricho where the scar was undetectable while combing through hair.

As for cost/benefit analysis of FUE/STRIP.........again, IMO, STRIP is the hands-down winner. I'm sure there are differing opinions on this and, to a degree, it depends on your prospective. I was a NW 4 (maybe 5) before my first and second HT's. FUE would have cost me a fortune if I would have attempted to restore my hair in that fashion. For a person who is NW1 or NW2, has the excess $$, and still has the idea they want to shave down after HT, maybe they opt for FUE?? Mind you I don't understand the whole concept of having a HT to then shave down icon_confused.gif

The results depicted above for FUE are good, however if you look closely you can see little white dots where the grafts were extracted. I suppose, like STRIP scars, some will be better and some worse.

While it seems great strides are being taken to increase the graft survival percentage's for FUE........I'd still vote for STRIP as the most effective form of surgical hair restoration when it comes to cost and overall benefit.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Dr. Feller,

Thanks for clearing that up. In a way, that was the point i was trying to make. for larger sessions, even FUE will leave scars enough so that one won't be able to shave, so that defeats the purpose completely. As far as the healing time for strip and FUE, i have heard latter heals somewhat faster. That would be one case in favor of FUE in my view, if the healing was significantly faster.

Thanks