pimple on head

hey guys, ok, i have read about pimples on head after some ht, i see only one that came out, is this what you call an ingrown hair? do i leave it alone or do i pop it , thanks i will be 2 months on april 12 ok that sounded funny but you know what i mean icon_smile.gif

hi

It probably is. Call your doc to be sure, maybe post a pic on here for us to see. At 2 months the grafts are set so it's nothing to do with ruining the transplant

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

It's very likely an ingrown hair which is a good thing 'cause it means your HT hair is growing icon_cool.gif.

Some people try helping them along by putting warm water on them, I had several but just let them run their course. They don't last that long.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

ok, cool,, i am really not worried, its just one, i kind of toched it and it looks red now intead of white, and i do notice some growth in other areas VERY SLOW though lol i know its a waiting game i will send a pic thanks

dogpics.jpg.07e26e57b35d8981212e02ba4a6e469e.jpg

Raf,

2 months is nothing my friend you have a ways to go so just relax and enjoyt he ride like the rest of us

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Rafael,

Pimples on the head are signs of activity underneath the surface. Typically I see pimples and then start to see some new growth a few weeks to a month later. You will probably see more pimples in the coming weeks...however if you DON'T get that many, don't think you are not going to see growth. Not every hair becomes ingrown...some people never get pimples...but I've always gotten them, and they are always a sign of good things to come.

Bill

I too have had a few pimples on my head since the surgery. I was not sure if I should leave them alone or pop...? I was afraid I might damage something if I popped. Just an observation, but it appears where I popped 2 fairly large ones about a month ago (one on each temple) it is not really growing in. I di not want to scare anyone but that was my experience. Anyone else notice this??

26firstimehair...if I remember correctly from another thread, you just had your surgery in December. The fact that nothing is growing yet is very normal...so whether you popped the pimples or not should be irrelevant to your growth. Try not to worry and be patient.

As a general rule of thumb...I never believe popping pimples is the best thing you can do, but sometimes they do burst...it's happened to me...even by sleeping on them or whatnot and having a dry blood stain on my head. Rest assured though, the hairs will grow (as long as your doctor did a good job) eventually...just be patient! 3 months is WAY too early to start expecting growth. It CAN happen, but some people start later than others.

Bill

Thanks Bill! From what I can tell you give great advice on this forum so I appreciate it. Oddly enough, mine has started growing. I am even a little surprised to be honest. My hair has ALWAYS grown very fast though. I figured since I spent so much on the surgery I might as well treat my body the best I could so I cut way down on drinking alcohol and have been drinking protein shakes at least every other day. Lots of vitamins and propecia too. Not saying that this is why it is growing but I have been surprised. Today I actually drove to McDonalds with the window down! (Big step for me) icon_wink.gif Anyways, so far so good. I do plan on posting pics at some point...

• 1 year later...

Hi there! About a year and a half ago you posted about an issue you had with a large pimple in your recipient area that you had popped. You had stated that, 3 months out, you still hadn't seen any growth in the area where you had popped the large pimple. I am in a similar situation (about 2 months Post-Op now), and I recently popped a large cyst-type pimple at my hairline. Now I'm worried that I may have damaged the transplanted follicles in some way. Did you end up seeing growth in the area where you had popped that large pimple? I hope your result turned out well! Thank you so much for sharing your experience!!!

UPDATE: I see that this is an old thread, and I meant for the post above to be a private message to the user. Sorry about that!

Originally posted by 26firsttimehair:

I too have had a few pimples on my head since the surgery. I was not sure if I should leave them alone or pop...? I was afraid I might damage something if I popped. Just an observation, but it appears where I popped 2 fairly large ones about a month ago (one on each temple) it is not really growing in. I di not want to scare anyone but that was my experience. Anyone else notice this??

This information might help you to whether it is ingrown hair

5 CAUSES

1. Skin suffering from lack of moisture

2. Stiff beard hair

3. Embedded oil in the hair follicles

4. Build up of dead skin cells in the pores and on the surface of the skin can cause ingrown hairs - some are more prone to this than others due to genetics

5. Coarse curly hair growing in a curved hair follicle

5 EFFECTS

1. Constant tenderness

2. Trapped, ingrown hairs cause inflammation which result in the body forming papule - a small, raised, abnormality on the skin commonly known as a bump giving rise to the term 'razor bumps'

3. The body can also respond by producing a pustule - a blister on the skin containing pus

4. An infected pustule can become ruptured resulting in bleeding

5. Itching