Interesting Propecia photos

arfy

I saw this in an NHI promotional brochure. This is a young guy who wanted a transplant, who had never tried Propecia. They told the guy to get on Propecia and come back later. As you can see, the guy had remarkable results.

I post this because there are some people posting that they don't think Propecia can work in the front hairline or temples. As you can see, it CAN work in the hairline. Propecia halts and sometimes reverses the miniaturization of follicles, so anywhere there is miniaturization, theoretically Propecia can work there. Baldness is essentially relentless miniaturization of follicles.

Keep in mind this is a hair transplant clinic responsible for these pics (not Merck) so if anything, photos like this hurt business for HT clinics. There is no doubt that MANY clinics would have sunk their fangs into this guy, but he lucked out and found a clinic that isn't afraid to turn guys away or postpone surgery, when it is the ethical thing to do.

How lucky is THIS guy???? Obviously he is a VERY good responder, not everyone gets results like this!

By the way, the article that goes along with this photo also says to be aware of clinics who show you photos of results of guys who had a transplant, who are also using Propecia... meaning that some clinics will try to take credit for the hair created by Propecia use ("Look at the density we get, only 500 grafts...!") and try to portray that Propecia growth as being transplant growth.

Not sure how you could guard against that, but an interesting issue, something to think about...

propecia.jpg.d901e1652380048f7cd7aa21745156ba.jpg

I saw this in an NHI promotional brochure. This is a young guy who wanted a transplant, who had never tried Propecia. They told the guy to get on Propecia and come back later. As you can see, the guy had remarkable results.

I post this because there are some people posting that they don't think Propecia can work in the front hairline or temples. As you can see, it CAN work in the hairline. Propecia halts and sometimes reverses the miniaturization of follicles, so anywhere there is miniaturization, theoretically Propecia can work there. Baldness is essentially relentless miniaturization of follicles.

Keep in mind this is a hair transplant clinic responsible for these pics (not Merck) so if anything, photos like this hurt business for HT clinics. There is no doubt that MANY clinics would have sunk their fangs into this guy, but he lucked out and found a clinic that isn't afraid to turn guys away or postpone surgery, when it is the ethical thing to do.

How lucky is THIS guy???? Obviously he is a VERY good responder, not everyone gets results like this!

By the way, the article that goes along with this photo also says to be aware of clinics who show you photos of results of guys who had a transplant, who are also using Propecia... meaning that some clinics will try to take credit for the hair created by Propecia use ("Look at the density we get, only 500 grafts...!") and try to portray that Propecia growth as being transplant growth.

Not sure how you could guard against that, but an interesting issue, something to think about...

arfy,

your saying that that is only from taking propecia? i have to admit, those results are pretty darn good. icon_smile.gif. the guy's hairline looks awesome.

wait a minute! wait a minute here.

it's pretty funny that the guy regrew his hair at the very same outline that was done with a marker on the left. that's odd to me. anyone else smell something fishy here?

it's like winning hair lottery. What are the odds?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

It doesn't look like the marker outline is the same shape as the hair in the after pic... not even close IMO.

This was scanned from the NHI newsletter, this guy apparently went to see Rassman or McClellan at NHI in LA.

ok, i should not have said, "very same outline". but it is close.

arfy, i hope i'm wrong about it. i just don't believe that propecia is all they used here. of course, he could be a guy who is not suffering from MPB but due to some other reason related to alopecia/ hair loss.

anyone else want to comment.

I believe this is a young guy, with recent hair loss. That can supposedly be a factor.

Again, he has exceptional results, but it shows that Propecia "can" work in the hairline.

Call NHI and ask them to send you this newsletter, if you want to see a copy. Winter/Spring issue, Number 9 Volume 1

I hope arfy is right and this is a real case.

And I'm not sure at all why anyone, especially a place that does HTs, would want to fake a result like this.

The only thing about the picts that is "fishy" to me is the "before" guy looks a lot fairer skinned and has lighter hair than the "after" guy.

Am I the only one seeing this?

Hey, I hope I'm wrong. Everyone knows here that I think Propecia is great.

But this response seems way beyond six sigma to me. I guess it doesn't hurt to hope, and possibly, this result proves even more Propecia's potential worth.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.